·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great all I need are two people. Thanks you two.
This is the deal, we know the brain and the gut are operative in IBS. We also know that serotonin is a big player in IBS. We also know thta serotonin regulates some of the bodies functions, sleep, mood, digestion etc..I need you guys to search the web for information on the physiology of relaxation on the body. IBS is bascially a chemical dysregulation of neurotransmitters specifally serotonin (although I know there are others) and relaxing is actually regulating chemicals in the body. When a muscle is relaxed why does it feel relaxed what chemicals are making it that way, but endorphines and serotonin information and how they appliy to relaxation of the body are the things I am looking for, I have been doing it myself but I could use the help for sure.I think you two will also find it really interesting as you start to look at this as I have, but later we can pool the information and figure out how it all really applies to IBS. Let me know what you two think, along the way I gurantee you learn some more on IBS also and I will help if you run into any problems in some of the technical stuff as well as I maybe able too.What do you think.Part of this is the relationships of the CNS and the ENS as well as the muscle and skeletal systems.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great all I need are two people. Thanks you two.
This is the deal, we know the brain and the gut are operative in IBS. We also know that serotonin is a big player in IBS. We also know thta serotonin regulates some of the bodies functions, sleep, mood, digestion etc..I need you guys to search the web for information on the physiology of relaxation on the body. IBS is bascially a chemical dysregulation of neurotransmitters specifally serotonin (although I know there are others) and relaxing is actually regulating chemicals in the body. When a muscle is relaxed why does it feel relaxed what chemicals are making it that way, but endorphines and serotonin information and how they appliy to relaxation of the body are the things I am looking for, I have been doing it myself but I could use the help for sure.I think you two will also find it really interesting as you start to look at this as I have, but later we can pool the information and figure out how it all really applies to IBS. Let me know what you two think, along the way I gurantee you learn some more on IBS also and I will help if you run into any problems in some of the technical stuff as well as I maybe able too.What do you think.Part of this is the relationships of the CNS and the ENS as well as the muscle and skeletal systems.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
G

·
Eric, I can get into psychlitif it helps, but I suspect you'll be more likely to find the info you want in a good basic relaxation or biofeedback textbook. I don't want to discourage you're looking on the internet for this, but if you're within calling range of a good university or medical center library, you can probably call the librarian and get acces to xerox the relevant pages.tom

G

·
Eric, I can get into psychlitif it helps, but I suspect you'll be more likely to find the info you want in a good basic relaxation or biofeedback textbook. I don't want to discourage you're looking on the internet for this, but if you're within calling range of a good university or medical center library, you can probably call the librarian and get acces to xerox the relevant pages.tom

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kerry, your more then welcome to join in no problem.Pookie, you can post the links here if yyou would. However, i will post the ones you sent already, we can keep a thread library.
The first one I read I learned some interesting things right oof that I even think are important. The UNC ones I have because I am the one who asked them to post them to the site from their digest magazine
, but the others are great and just what I want to look through and sort out. Thanks.Tom, at the moment I don't have time with the library really, I am going this route for now and then if I need to go more in depth I will look some things up. If you want to help also that would be great.I appreciate the help and this will help everyone really.If you want to write this up if we put somethings together that would be great Tom. I was doing a search and while back and saw your serotonin page.
I don't think anyone has ever totally done this for IBS really.This was the first one I read that Pookie sent. I think this is very interesting already.
http://tc.unl.edu/stress/resources/psychophysiology.html ------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kerry, your more then welcome to join in no problem.Pookie, you can post the links here if yyou would. However, i will post the ones you sent already, we can keep a thread library.
The first one I read I learned some interesting things right oof that I even think are important. The UNC ones I have because I am the one who asked them to post them to the site from their digest magazine
, but the others are great and just what I want to look through and sort out. Thanks.Tom, at the moment I don't have time with the library really, I am going this route for now and then if I need to go more in depth I will look some things up. If you want to help also that would be great.I appreciate the help and this will help everyone really.If you want to write this up if we put somethings together that would be great Tom. I was doing a search and while back and saw your serotonin page.
I don't think anyone has ever totally done this for IBS really.This was the first one I read that Pookie sent. I think this is very interesting already.
http://tc.unl.edu/stress/resources/psychophysiology.html ------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.