Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm sorry you're having such a bad time. I've been there myself way too often. I was wondering if you're taking any kind of meds? I know sometimes they have so many side affects and all but sometimes you really need them to get things under control. I'm proud of you that you're able to reach out. When I'm feeling at my worst I can't even seem to pick up the phone. Is there anything that cheers you up, watching a certain type of movie or listening to music? Sometimes just a James Taylor song will bring my out of my anxiety. Sometimes just hearing the voice of someone with a sympathetic ear will help. You are not alone though. I think a lot of us here go through these down times. The medications I am taking now keep the panic attacks at bay but don't really touch the depression. I guess I have to work on that one myself. I try to do things that make me happy when I can and try to avoid people who trigger my anxiety when I can. I'm sorry, I don't mean to babble. I just want you to know someone is out there listening and praying you're all right. Take care and E-mail me if you want someone to talk to.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm sorry you're having such a bad time. I've been there myself way too often. I was wondering if you're taking any kind of meds? I know sometimes they have so many side affects and all but sometimes you really need them to get things under control. I'm proud of you that you're able to reach out. When I'm feeling at my worst I can't even seem to pick up the phone. Is there anything that cheers you up, watching a certain type of movie or listening to music? Sometimes just a James Taylor song will bring my out of my anxiety. Sometimes just hearing the voice of someone with a sympathetic ear will help. You are not alone though. I think a lot of us here go through these down times. The medications I am taking now keep the panic attacks at bay but don't really touch the depression. I guess I have to work on that one myself. I try to do things that make me happy when I can and try to avoid people who trigger my anxiety when I can. I'm sorry, I don't mean to babble. I just want you to know someone is out there listening and praying you're all right. Take care and E-mail me if you want someone to talk to.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hope you're feeling better. I have panic attacks, too, and they are THE WORST aren't they?.....I usually zoom around the house and drive my husband crazy. I just feel like I have to keep moving....doing something, anything to take my mind off the fear of the attack. I TRY to remember to take deep breaths and relax, but it isn't easy. The best books I ever read for panic attacks were by Claire Weakes (sp) called "Hope and Help For Your Nerves". Just want you to know there are lots of us who go through the same thing.....it's awful, but YOU WILL BE OK. Keep e-mailing if you are still panicky. We'll be here.Cindy

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hope you're feeling better. I have panic attacks, too, and they are THE WORST aren't they?.....I usually zoom around the house and drive my husband crazy. I just feel like I have to keep moving....doing something, anything to take my mind off the fear of the attack. I TRY to remember to take deep breaths and relax, but it isn't easy. The best books I ever read for panic attacks were by Claire Weakes (sp) called "Hope and Help For Your Nerves". Just want you to know there are lots of us who go through the same thing.....it's awful, but YOU WILL BE OK. Keep e-mailing if you are still panicky. We'll be here.Cindy

·
Registered
338 Posts
I know how you feel, I suffer from anxiety/panic attacks too, they come and go in their severity like IBS does, they are an awful thing to cope with. When I am having a bad bout with mine, I tell myself that tomorrow will be better if not the next day. Try to stay positive. If you can seek conseling, I got to theraphy to help cope with mine, and believe me it helps to have someone to talk to about it all besides family memebers. E-mail me anytime you wish, I been pen pals off and on for years with anxiety/panic people, there is some sites you can go to just for that
God Bless, you will be alright

·
Registered
338 Posts
I know how you feel, I suffer from anxiety/panic attacks too, they come and go in their severity like IBS does, they are an awful thing to cope with. When I am having a bad bout with mine, I tell myself that tomorrow will be better if not the next day. Try to stay positive. If you can seek conseling, I got to theraphy to help cope with mine, and believe me it helps to have someone to talk to about it all besides family memebers. E-mail me anytime you wish, I been pen pals off and on for years with anxiety/panic people, there is some sites you can go to just for that
God Bless, you will be alright

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi throatburn!! This may sound stupid but it actually works, force yourself to be happy, do something that you usually enjoy and smile,just stand in your living room or anywhere (without people to see you,they might think you've gone crasy) and just put a big smile on you face,trick your brain into thinking that you ARE happy!! But if you have been depressed for days,then, it is probably a good reason to see your dr. I'm not a dr. this is a way for me to chase the blues away sometimes. Hope you feal better soon!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi throatburn!! This may sound stupid but it actually works, force yourself to be happy, do something that you usually enjoy and smile,just stand in your living room or anywhere (without people to see you,they might think you've gone crasy) and just put a big smile on you face,trick your brain into thinking that you ARE happy!! But if you have been depressed for days,then, it is probably a good reason to see your dr. I'm not a dr. this is a way for me to chase the blues away sometimes. Hope you feal better soon!

·
Registered
923 Posts
I can understand how you feel. I too, suffer with anxiety on a daily basis.I know exercise and yoga really works for me. And I heard relaxation tapes are good too.Good luck and know that we all care.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I can understand how you feel. I too, suffer with anxiety on a daily basis.I know exercise and yoga really works for me. And I heard relaxation tapes are good too.Good luck and know that we all care.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.