Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,I am very new to this sight, but not so new to all these different pains. I had a tuff year last year and had an Upper GI and two Endoscopies. I was told that I had some type of slight Reflux along with IBS. Ok well since that time I have also developed panic disorder because of all these random pains and complications that I am having I can't get it through my head that this is not something bad and just chronic and annoying. I will list my symptoms and I would be so greatful if you could tell me what is and is not all part of this whole IBS. Stomach pain (right side, left side, upper, lower and sometimes sharp and other times just a dull stomach ache)Rectum and Anal discomfort/pains. After going to the bathroom and sometimes when just sitting or walking I will get a sharp pain in that area. I have a fullness felling as if I need to go to the bathroom and sure enough I will and like almost nothing will come out, or I will not do anything at all.Back pain (my lower back hurts on both sides, and once and a while I get sharp pains in the back as well)My legs/thighs I I have an overall feeling of like pain in my upper thigh not all the time just sometimes. Ok not the strangest I get all these strange bladder troubles every once and a while. I have to admit to the women out there reading this that this seems to get worse around my ovualtion time????? I will alos get that constipated feeling and other times the cramps and then the need to run to the bathroom. Never consistent for more then a couple of months. Please tell me am I really a person suffering from IBS or should I have something else done to check this out.Oh and just a couple of other things. Do any of you have hemmoriades )forgive me if I spelt this wrong) and or blood in your stool from IBS not the hemm????Thanks in advance for your help...Jen

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
right place,you have hit a jackpot on reaching this sight..im willing to gamble that every test you have will be negative.i know you dont want to hear that but most of us had the same thing.you get to the point where you want something to be wrong so they can just fix it.depending on which doctor you go to wheather it is a gasto or phyc each will tell it lies in there field...well there not right and not wrong?it actually a little of both.my belief is that the stomach starts first and then the mind will take and advance the symtoms,make no mistake your mind will start to make the problems worse.i can only tell you what i have done and then you make your decision on where to make your stand.i waited to long and was convinced something was wrong with my stomach and would not accept it was in my head also.by then it was too late and my panick attacks were to intense.so i had to go on anti-depressants which worked it has now come back but this time i know what it is and i am determined to beat the ibs symtoms first.please read all of these postings in here,there are so many people like you and i.if your panick is to far gone or your convinced it is something else still. then i think you need a shrink(no harm )if your willing to accept what it really is and that this (i know it is hard)WILL NOT KILL YOU!!!THEN TRY TO BEAT THE IBS AND THE MIND WILL FOLLOW!!GOOD LUCK IF YOU NEED TO EMAIL IM AT BHENDE8556###AOL.COM .......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P.S EVERY SINGLE SYMPTOM YOU HAVE IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER IS A PART OF IBS/PANICK AND EXCEPT FOR MAYBE TWO I HAVE EVERY SINGLE ONE YOU HAVE ...AND NOW SINCE I PANICK ILL PROBALY GET THE OTHER TWO(JUST KIDDING BUT YOU KNOW US PANICKERS!!!!:}

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Well if you have blood that is not from hemmroids or fissures (you can feel the pain from these when you evacuate.), then you really need to get a colonoscopy to be sure. No other test is as good as the colonoscopy so don't get talked into a different test. This test is the only one that you need to make sure that you don't have IBD or Cancer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok perhaps I should explain.... Thank you so much for both of the responses that I received. Brian I laughed so much... Really I needed that... I should say that I have never actually seen blood. I just think sometimes that there may be a little in cause I see a little red but who knows that could be from something I ate ie sauce, peppers... Anything. I have a doctors app. on Tues. she is going to do one of those strip tests to make sure that there is no blood in the GI track. That should clear up that mess... So I guess it sounds like I should just trust that this is all IBS... I just wish that this constipation would go away. The last few days I feel so constipated that my body is like sore and I get pain in my side cause I have to go and then I finally do and it is like nothing and soft... Why does this happen????? Is this also normal for us to feel like wow this is going to be big and hurt and it turns out to be a few small thin things that are soft and does not hurt at all for the most part.... Please help I am trying to understand what is normal and what is not...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
j, hang in there it is the most annoying feeling what you are going through .i have the same thing im am so sore as well even after i go i countinue to feel as though someone has punched me in my lower stomach.it always feels very tight i was told it is nerves which i believe because i took a valum last night and felt like a million bucks untill today because it wore off.just continue with your doctor so you can put your mind at ease that there is nothing seriously wrong.if it is ibs which i think it is try julia41-remendy which is two table spoons of olive oil/extra light before bed it is 100% natural and will not harm you.also for the panick i have not had one in a few weeks due to the fact i have accepted what i have and try not to worry.i know it is hard but REALLY THINK ABOUT IT!!!HAS ANYTHING REALLY EVER HAPPENED TO YOU???ALL THE THINGS YOU WORRY ABOUT IM GOING TO DIE??YOU HAVENT!!IM GOING TO THROW UP?HAVE YOU..IF YOU DID YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!IM GOING TO CHOKE OR MY LIVER OR STOMACH IS BURSTING HAS IT????THE MORE YOU RETREAT FROM DAILY LIFE THE WORSE IT GETS..TAKE A STAND AND FIGHT IT!IM STARTING TO GET THE I DONT GIVE A S###*T ATTITUDE TO HELL WITH IT .DOC SAYS IF YOU DIE WHO CARES YOUR NOT GOING TO KNOW IT SO STOP THINKING ABOUT IT ALL DAY!ANOTHER TRICK I USE IS WHEN I FEEL LIKE ONE IS COMING WITH YOUR MOUTH CLOSED START DEEP BREATHING AND INSTAED OF SAYING IM GOING TO DIE I REPEAT OVER AND OVER "A PANICK ATTACT WILL NOT KILL YOU",,SO GOOD LUCK AND KEEP ME POSTED!!!!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I think that is the tensemus that happens with most people with bowel problems. It feels like you will have diarrhea and then nothing comes out and you strain your brains out just to get a "normal movement" but you don't feel empty. I also think that happens when your bowel is spasming and it is hard to move things through but you are not really constipated. These are my theories, I hope they can help you out. You could try an antispasmotic to see if it helps any.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi JJ, I too have almost everyone of your symptoms except I have alternating C/D. This week its C and I feel absolutly miserable. I was glad though to hear about your leg cramps(not that you have them, but you know what I mean) as I get them too and wasnt even sure if they were IBS related.The time around my period is the worst my whole body is wracked in pain. I also experience rectal pain. So see your not alone , there are many people who feel lousey right along with you

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Green Eyes,Thanks so much, it helps to know that someone else is feeling these things. I have an appointment with the doc. tomm. I know that she is going to tell me that I have to relax. I have in the last two months done two very stessful things that I am sure my body has felt as well as my heart. I moved from my home town not too far but another whole state away, and I left my old job and all my friends that I was with for 6 years so I am stressed. So I can see why this would be a bad month for me. You know this weekend I actually feel pretty good. I began exercising again and I think that helped with the C so a great deal of the pain went away although I still have a little discomfort. I of course am done with the ovualtion and due for my period any day now. So I think the only thing left is a little yuck feeling and pain here and there after eating something strange and or before or after I go to the bathroom.. You know I have never acutally had blood in my stool I just get real scared when I am going and I think that that makes it worse for me. I am sorry to ask such a sick question but you and I sound like we have so many similer problems that I have to know if this is also a common thing. I read all over that when we feel like we have to go the bathroom things are going well and then when we go it is so little and does not even feel like we are done. I go from having little nothing always soft and light brown tan orange whatever you want to call it to once and a while having soft with a little hard and a little darker areas. Is this something you experience.... Please let me know and feel free to e-mail me...Hope you are feeling better...P.S. what types of tests have you gotten if any to be diagnosed with IBS????Jen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.