Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI!!! I'm new here, and this is my first post! I wanted to post awhile ago, but I didnt catch on to where my password till now!a little anout myself; I'm 19, and i have been suffering from IbS-D (with D and nausea, but no vomiting) for about 3 years. It bothers me about once a day ( usually after i eat my first meal, which is usually lunch or supper). I dont eat much because of it. I haven't been able to pinpoint my food triggers, except for milk products like ice cream and milk - but i can eat cheese, as much as i want!also cake is another trigger of mine. besides that, its usually however my body decides to react to the food I've eaten that day.Now that you all know a little bit about me I'll asl my question-I've been on the pill for about 4 years - almost the whole time diane 35 but now I'm on aleese 21. I have heard that with Dirrehea for some reason it makes the pill less effective. i take my pill before i go to bed at night, and usually by then I'll have had my bad attack of the day. sometimes i cant help it thought and before i fall alseep it bothers me again, and ihave more D.So i was wondering if anyone could tell me how much less effective my pill is? pregnancy is not something I'd like to go through at this point in my life. Me and my long term bf use condoms as well, for extra protection, but i would like to just use the pill if possible.**whew*** that was a lot of writing! thanks for your time and I hope I can get some answers!

G

·
The normal IBS loose stools type of diarrhea may not be as problematic as some of the infectious diarrheas.Usually in IBS the transit time through the small intestine is typically normal, even the overall transit times may be normal even when the stools are loose.When you have food poisoning, a virus or bacteria you often dump things through the whole GI tract as quickly as possible (if your IBS diarrhea was doing this all the time you would lose weight and get pretty sickly as you wouldn't be able to do normal activities).As long as you maintain weight when you eat the number of calories you need you should be OK. If you have episodes of watery diarrhea (even people with IBS get GI infections) those would be times that you should definitely use extra protection.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.