Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometimes i think i'm going to loose it!! i get sick atleast every week, more if i'm really stressed or ate something bad but i follow a strict diet and i STILL get bad D. so i always end up taking 2-3 immodium but i'm sooooo tired of it now, i feel like my body is just one big box of immodium...how can it be healthy for me?! nothing seems to help anymore, this is completley useless. maybe i should try taking soluable fiber supplemnts again but that just seemed to increase the D before! any suggestions......?! - Claire

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
How much caltrate are you taking and what are the ingredients in them. Do you take any other meds.Maybe I can help.Linda

·
Registered
269 Posts
Been there!The hypnotherapy tapes made me feel better emotionally but had zero effect on the D. The calcium made the D worse -- until my doc recommended I try calcium CARBONATE and WITHOUT any magnesium. Bingo!Even the small amount of magnesium in the calcium I was taking aggravated my innards enough so I had D 24/7 for a whole year. I don't wanna sound like one of those people who tell you about the One True Way To Be Cured (which never is -- we're all too different). But it's certainly worthwhile to try everything!But you sound as desperate as I was. Get some calcium carbonate with D but with zero magnesium. Can't hurt, might help.I honestly don't know if the calcium itself makes a difference. I gotta take it for osteoporosis anyway. But I sure as heck know what magnesium can do. Good luck, and I can certainly offer compassion. I've been there, and I know others have too. You're not alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.