Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this site last night when I finally decided that I need to try to figure out what is wrong with me and did some searching. I've been trying to avoid the doctor because I hate the idea of being poked and prodded in the rear. When I first saw the commercials for Zelnorm, I thought that is me but never asked about it for that very reason. Here are some of my symptoms, what do you think? Ever since I can remember I have had problems going to the bathroom. But it is getting much worse lately. I am constipated most of the time but get really bad diarrhea too. I go for days without going, sometimes I take a laxative because I get so bloated, gassy and feel like I am full of poop but they usually make me very sick before I go - terrible cramps then diarrhea. Of course then that results in a sore behind that I can hardly touch to clean. I have discovered that baby wipes help a lot with that problem. I have really bad gas most of the time. Loud stinky gas, it is just terrible so embarrassing especially at work when I have to try to hide it. My husband gets mad at me because I fart so much but, I can't help it I sure can't hold them in. Believe me I am not impressed with it either. I mean they are really explosive at times. I get sick to the stomach often, feel like vomiting but don't, more bad gas, heartburn and sometimes dizziness- this usually ends with me running to the bathroom with the diarrhea. Some times I wake up in the middle of the night so sick - horrible stomach pains, gas and sweating. After about an hour or so of suffering, I have to run to the bathroom. I feel like I might pass out or die, terrible diarrhea and pain. Some times I just lay on the bathroom floor because I feel so bad I don't think I can make it back to bed. These night time attacks are the worse. I have a lot of what I'd call brain fog, kind of a spacey feeling hard to concentrate.When I do go lately I have been having a terrible time getting clean. I wipe really good then a little later I will start to itch and I go back and check - there is more there! Where the heck did that come from? I was sure I was clean! Also, I feel like there is more there than what comes out at times. Or I have the urge to keep trying to go even though nothing else wants to come out.I've never discussed any of this with anyone and here I am telling a bunch of strangers about my pooping problems. But, I've been reading the posts here and you seem like you know where I am coming from. I'd give anything to be able to go normally. Is there any help out there that is not a prescription drug? Still trying to avoid that dr. if at all possible. Are there foods that you avoid or that seem to help?

· Registered
21 Posts
i guess the only way to go is to have a few tests from doctors - you might find that the anxiety of what is going on is helps you symptoms if you rule out things. after i had all the tests etc i could concentrate on working out which foods make it worse/better. i took fibre supplements for along time WHICH i found out later on actually made it worse!!! but what i eventually worked out is that white bread, milk, coffee and alcohol made it horrible. i can now have small amounts but had to strip back my diet to almost nothing and test foods.

· Registered
2,822 Posts
It sounds like IBS however technically IBS shouldn't wake you at night (although it does for a few of us). It is so important to go to the doctor and have any tests done to rule out anything more worriesome than IBS like Pelvic Inflammatory Diseases. I know that it sucks to go to the doctor but you really have to! As for some wonder pill that will make us better, well, we all wish one existed but it doesn't. If you do have IBS it can be a long run of trial and error of a lot of different things to see which one's make you feel better and which one's don't help at all. As of yet though there is no cure for IBS. It can be managed but not cured.Talking about poop on here is totally fine. We all talk about our pooping, gas, fluffing, diarreah, concrete poops, well you get the picture
As for your husband, I have the opposite problem. I can't make myself fluff in front of him so he teases me because after knowing me for 8 years he has yet to hear me let one go-lol. I'm glad you found us but again you really do need to see a doctor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.