Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, Im new to this website :)I'm constantly searching the internet for answers for my symptoms and my IBS but none are specific enough for me so I've joined this forum because I think I need the support!I have had diahhroea fairly frequently growing up - usually after eating chinese or fast food, but never thought anything of it. Had my Gall Bladder out in October 2009, and ever since its got worse and worse and worse after a few stressful events. Got diagnosed 6 months ago with IBS, and Iv never felt anything like it in my life. My D is ALWAYS yellow, watery, gooey and 7-8 times a day - regardless usually of whether I have decided to eat or not due to the fact it is ALWAYS after I have eaten or drank something. There is no food or drink that doesnt affect me. I had some D this morning and I just wanted to pass out just to stop the pain - its that bad :(It hurts so bad sometimes that I actually think what is happening isnt humanly possible, shooting pains down my legs, cramps so much I sweat, my stomach feeling like its going to explode. I end up sweating so bad sometimes its noticable by others (which is nice of them to point out!) All my friends know about it and they are all really understandbale when I stand them up when we are out for 10 minutes every half hour. haha.Iv had blood tests done today to check if its something worse because the Colafac the doctor gave me, if anything, made it worse.I think I just need reassurance that what I am going through is normal, and that im not dying of some intestinal infection or something! I feel so soft when I complain to my friends and my partner because I just feel that because they cant see it on me that it isnt the worst thing in the world and that im just being a softy and whingy. But im not :(Thank you for reading my big life story - again I feel like im just being soft!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I am so sorry you feel bad right now. Keep searching for an answer and do NOT take no for an answer. Have you lost weight and if so how much?Do you have a fever?Have you had an upper and lower GI?Have you had a series of three to five stool tests in the space of one single week? If you have NOT had the upper and lower GI or the STOOL tests, you NEED them! I cannot stress this enough. If you have weight loss, you probably have something going on and maybe the stool tests will be telling. I have heard of people getting the yellow urgent D when they have their gallbladder out. Look into Habba Syndrome here in the "search" feature. There are a few individual who take an Rx powder, digestive enzymes and have gotten some relief after to Gallbladder surgery. The calcium and vit D also helps as well as Imodium. I have IBS-D with small bowel bacterial overgrowth (used to sweat a lot the worse the overgrowth became) and get relief from on and off Tetracycline antibiotics and also a Bifidiobacterium probotic along with several supplements and an organic diet free of any diary/casin/cassinate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm sorry you are feeling so badly. Yes, sadly, what you are going through is pretty normal for some IBS folks. I'm very similar to you, as I have had IBS since I was 13 and also had my gall bladder out a number of years ago. The ONLY good thing re: the gall bladder removal was that the sickening feeling I used to have while eating pretty much anything is gone during the eating process. However, the after effects (after eating) remain the same. I have IBS-D and when I have a full on attack, I have the same symptoms: pain, sweating, tingly-skin, goosebumps, chills, heavy breathing, etc. It sucks! There is no other word for it
The best you can do it to keep trying new things, stay positive, and be thankful for good days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts