Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been angry with my doctor for some time now and I finally got a appt. for tommorrow b/c of a cancellation. I've been thinking over and over what I'm going to say to her and when I went to brush my teeth in the private bathroom here at work, I started sobbing for maybe 5 minutes. Then when I'm trying to compose myself to leave the bathroom I start laughing hysterically and I can't stop. So I stay in the bathroom awhile longer. When I finally left, I was still getting the extreme urge to laugh outloud. I think I'm losing my mind.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Friski----------Well sweetie-- at least you laughed!! And---------if you're losing your mind- be careful someone out there just might need a new one and take it home!! (smile)I'm kidding of course------and truly hope you can get a grip on things! Go to your dr. and STOMP your feet-- carry on---if you need to!! Go ahead and vent right here!! With IBS--- we ALL feel like we're losing it sometimes.......... Here's a (((hug))))) :love:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Friski----------Well sweetie-- at least you laughed!! And---------if you're losing your mind- be careful someone out there just might need a new one and take it home!! (smile)I'm kidding of course------and truly hope you can get a grip on things! Go to your dr. and STOMP your feet-- carry on---if you need to!! Go ahead and vent right here!! With IBS--- we ALL feel like we're losing it sometimes.......... Here's a (((hug))))) :love:

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I have found laughing to be much better than crying..
Hey write a list for that Doc appointment so ya don't forget anything while you are there. Let us know how you make out.BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I have found laughing to be much better than crying..
Hey write a list for that Doc appointment so ya don't forget anything while you are there. Let us know how you make out.BQ

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did make a very long specific list of grievances, mainly that I want to be in control of MY own treatment. They just don't listen to me. But then i'm afraid i'll chicken out tommorrow and just let her walk all over me again, giving me stuff that i don't want and doesn't work.I don't know what i was laughing about, there wasn't anything funny

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did make a very long specific list of grievances, mainly that I want to be in control of MY own treatment. They just don't listen to me. But then i'm afraid i'll chicken out tommorrow and just let her walk all over me again, giving me stuff that i don't want and doesn't work.I don't know what i was laughing about, there wasn't anything funny

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Friski,It may be something in the air (something to do with all these "festive" days), I know I'm very easily reduced to tears and very grouchy right now, but you're probably also worried about that dr's visit. Make a list of what you want to say (everything that bothers you, all your symptoms )and what you want to ask and try not to worry too much about it. After all, what can happen? Doctors are there to help us, if they can't we'll have to find another doctor. Tell us how it went,Fay

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Friski,It may be something in the air (something to do with all these "festive" days), I know I'm very easily reduced to tears and very grouchy right now, but you're probably also worried about that dr's visit. Make a list of what you want to say (everything that bothers you, all your symptoms )and what you want to ask and try not to worry too much about it. After all, what can happen? Doctors are there to help us, if they can't we'll have to find another doctor. Tell us how it went,Fay

·
Registered
347 Posts
That happened to me one time after I had been to a church revival. I found out later it is called the spirit of laughter. Been to a church lately?hahaAlso, don't go to the doctor if she intimidates you. Cancel your appt. and find someone nice. :love:

·
Registered
347 Posts
That happened to me one time after I had been to a church revival. I found out later it is called the spirit of laughter. Been to a church lately?hahaAlso, don't go to the doctor if she intimidates you. Cancel your appt. and find someone nice. :love:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm definitely worried about my dr's visit b/c I need to be assertive and that's not in my personality
I'm planning on saying that I'm going to find a new doctor if things don't go well, but I hope I don't lose the gusto I have right now to rip them a new one
Sorry for that....

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm definitely worried about my dr's visit b/c I need to be assertive and that's not in my personality
I'm planning on saying that I'm going to find a new doctor if things don't go well, but I hope I don't lose the gusto I have right now to rip them a new one
Sorry for that....

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She doesn't intimidate me and she's actually really nice. but she comes up with lame reasons why she can't give me certain treatments, when it's my body, and I'm not asking for something outrageous or illegal...it's a very common treatment that I want that's only a little more aggressive then what I'm on now. but what i'm on now ISN'T working! She can't seem to get that through her thick head!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She doesn't intimidate me and she's actually really nice. but she comes up with lame reasons why she can't give me certain treatments, when it's my body, and I'm not asking for something outrageous or illegal...it's a very common treatment that I want that's only a little more aggressive then what I'm on now. but what i'm on now ISN'T working! She can't seem to get that through her thick head!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I know how you feel. I have a tendency to cry before--and sometimes even during--some of my doctor's appointments. Mostly for IBS and my bladder problems. I cry because I know they're not going to listen to me--or even give me a chance to talk. Because deep down I know they don't have any answers for me. Strangely, for people in the "helping" profession, most doctors are extremely uncomfortable when you cry in their office. Now I try real hard to stay in control, because instead of the "You poor thing, you sure are coping with a lot" I want to hear, they say, "I'm giving you a referral to a mental health counselor." Or worse yet, one time, spoken very coldly, "Are you suicidal?" It's obvious they only ask this to cover their butts in case of a lawsuit by your survivors.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I know how you feel. I have a tendency to cry before--and sometimes even during--some of my doctor's appointments. Mostly for IBS and my bladder problems. I cry because I know they're not going to listen to me--or even give me a chance to talk. Because deep down I know they don't have any answers for me. Strangely, for people in the "helping" profession, most doctors are extremely uncomfortable when you cry in their office. Now I try real hard to stay in control, because instead of the "You poor thing, you sure are coping with a lot" I want to hear, they say, "I'm giving you a referral to a mental health counselor." Or worse yet, one time, spoken very coldly, "Are you suicidal?" It's obvious they only ask this to cover their butts in case of a lawsuit by your survivors.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.