Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is what my current doctor has me on.. when i say doctor.. i mean my GI doctor AND my anxiety doctor.i felt that because alot of my IBS-D was anxiety related, i had to do something to treat that.. and it has worked pretty well.. i am still somewhat scared (almost like a pavlovian response) to put myself in situations where i cant get to a bathroom.. but i am pushing myself further each day.i have been on this treatment for over a month now. i have had roughly 4 cases of D in that month.. but like i said.. i dont push myself real hard YET.. please excuse my spelling of these drugs.. 1 Kilonopin (anxiety drug) at night before bed. it lasts a good while, but was making me tired when i first took it.. so i take it at about midnight now.. and sleep through the drozyiness.2 lomotil in the morning (for the D.. it is like imodium x 5 roughly)1/2 a rybinol (for the D.. it is stomach relaxer, so things dont digest as fast, downside is it does give you drymouth a bit)Xanax whenever needed.. if i am going out at night or am just really nervous about a trip/situation, the doc gave me these for immediate help (takes about 30 minutes)hope this helps some of you, and continues to help me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.