Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I normally have IBS-D. A couple of nights ago I was kinda loose, so took two Imodium instants, I probably should've just taken one... but I'd been very anxious in general and was worried it'd get worse without. Normally this doesn't effect me, sometimes for the next couple of days I am a bit backed up, a few times I have gone full circle to IBS-C. But anyway, last night quite suddenly I had the most awful trapped wind. I had been kinda windy all day, but this just seemed to come on when I sat forward slightly scrutched over my computer, then I sat back and it was almost impossible to stand, I tried a hot water bottle, rubbing, and walking. Eventually about 2 or so hours later I went to bed and my partner helped me and managed to sort of slowly get rid of it a little by just lying at a slight angle on my side, putting pressure on it and gradually just trying to relax as I had got very tense with it.Can this be attributed to the Imodium at all? I can't think where it came from.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Imodium plus caplets has simethicone in them to help with wind and bloating I find these much better than the instants of own brand(Loperamide capsules)

·
Registered
171 Posts
omg yes, i think so. I had the stomach flu with diarreah alot so I took one immondium and got so stuff up. I was in so much pain that i had to hold on to the arms of my chair. The pain was in my rectum, i'm beginning to wonder if this proceding to make everthing worse because the bacteria got all back up and I still have been the same.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Taking too many imodium can cause terrible wind pain and bloating, and the imodium that has simeticone in it for the wind and bloating, is not enough to help it, so I have to take windeze as well. Unfortunately I take 3-4 Imodium every day as a preventative and still have soft stools.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts