Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I Just found out I had IBS after a few years of thinking I was Plain Crazy. It really has made me feel better to learn how comman this is and to find there are people I can talk to who can relate. For me the worst part is the stress, and ALWAYS feeling like I have to go...What a Pain in the...well you know where. It's gotten so bad I cant bring myself to taking my 7 year old son to a baseball game of my 2 yr old to the ZOO. A few weeks ago my Wife and wanted to go driving around some areas we want to move to and I had to cut the trip short. For the last 2 years I've been ashamed to talk about it. I though my family and friends would just think I was nuts. My doctor put me on a pill that acts as a double agent. Works the bowls and serves as a tranqualizer for my mind. So for it's seems to be helping. After 2 monthe of this he said he might swith me over to Paxel. From what I have learned I think I have a moderate case.Any advise or support id appreciated. Wonderding about any supoort groups in South Florida, Fort Lauderdale? Good luck to all.[This message has been edited by oz24 (edited 05-21-2000).]

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hello Oz, and welcome to the Board. No, you're not crazy, and there are a lot of us here just like you, that are in the same boat.If you tell us a little more about yourself we can offer more advice. I'm sure there are some Florida people here, and they can let you know if there are any support groups in their area.
JeanG

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Hi oz,I know what you mean, I thought for years I was going crazy. I saw shrinks at least 3 times in 20 years. They never once mentioned IBS, nor did my family Dr. I didn't realize the IBS caused the anxiety, I thought it was the other way around.Since using Mike's hypnotherapy tapes, my D is gone, and my level of anxiety has dropped probably 80%. Join us for chat tonight, 7:30 EST for hypnotherapy chat, 8:30 for IBS chat.Take careAZ

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi ozI don't have your exact problem , but I have noticed that some people on this board who do are using and antidepressant called Remeron (Paxil is also an AD) that helps with diarrhea. You might want to ask your doctor about this. I completely sympathize; IBS DID drive me crazy. Watch out for stress, hypnotherapy or relaxation tapes can help, certain foods often make IBS worse (different foods for different people, some people keep a diary of what they eat for awhile. There is also a new drug called Lotronex specifically for IBS sufferers with diarrhea. Best of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts