Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if you remember me. I have had IBS since I was 3 years old. I recently had the endoscopy, and was told I have gastrits, and IBS. They gave me bentyl. Nothing got better only worst. I started having horrible problems with my bladder and stress incontinece (sp) and period cramps all the time. I feel pain on the right, left, middle you name it. D that will not let up, and leg and pack pains that lay you up! I thought, geez my IBS is getting really wierd, the nausea comes on heavy around my period, and goes away after it's done. I started thinking, maybe I should see my gynecolgist. Well, I did. Turns out I am producing way to much estrogen all the time. Not only that. I have cysts on both overies, and all around them. Here's the kicker, they say I have endometriosis, everywhere, bowel, overies, uterus. That explains my miscarriage last year. I never knew endo could spread to your bowels, but it has and it's what's causing these bowel problems. They put me on Mircette, it's a low dose BCP. And now I have to under go more tests, and what they like to call (yeah right) minimaly invasive procedure where they cut me. I love being ill. That's a joke.Pray for me, and I'll be praying for all of you! And please if you are a woman, and think your bowel problems are only IBS and they are tied into your periods, you should be checked by your gyn! Lenise

·
Registered
617 Posts
VEry Good advice!!!!! I have read in Health books that endometriosis can be just a yeast infection that has gone wild and spread. Maybe you should try acidophilius ( from the health food store) I have heard alot about that on here. It helps acidify the body so the yeast cannot grow. If you have been on lots of anitibiotics this would be especially true.Good luck

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I have never heard that theory about endo before. Some sources blame candida on just about everything...I'd take that advice with a grain of salt.YES, endometriosis can be misdiagnosed as IBS, and IBS can be misdiagnosed as endo, and some lucky folks have BOTH! It was rather enlightening when I talked to my gynocologist for the first time since my IBS dx, since endo is suspected as well.Where the endo is growing makes the biggest difference in what kind of effects it can have. My mom had no fertility problems whatsoever because her endo was not around her ovaries or fallopian tubes, or it wasn't at the time, at least. Growing on the intestines can cause bowel problems and endo can be difficult to remove.Taking continuous birth control pills (as in no placebos... i take an active pill every day) helps reduce my endo symptoms and also eliminates the worsened bowel symptoms and hormonal headaches around my periods...because it means I don't get periods! : ) Is the procedure your dr talked about a laparoscopy? MANY women on here have had them, and as far as surgery goes, it's a relatively easy one. I haven't had one (yet). And when you get the lap, make sure your dr. is ready to zap away growths with a laser. This could reduce your pain dramatically
They can't always get all of it, though, especially around the bowels.If you use the Hop to: button at the bottom of the page, you can visit the Women's Forum, where there is lots more talk of laps and endo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.