Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! It's been about four months since I've been here, on this board. As much as you all make me feel so much better, I really was hoping never to see it again. I thought my life was totally back on track, I haven't been nauseated (sp) or sick with a stomache ache in months! Then all the sudden tonight I was struck! Does anybody else get the chills, and feel like there skin is crawling when they have an attack? It scares me so bad, I honestly think I'm going to freak out. I feel like crying, I did cry. My four year old son was so worried about me he started crying, I lost control of my bowels and went in my pants. That sounds so horrible, I feel like a nut case! I got a little repreive right now, I just feel a little of discomfort, but will it come back? I am the happiest I've ever been, I am not stressed, I don't have any turmoil going on. As far as a know I've done nothing to bring it on! I am due to start my period, but I have had my period for 4 months with NO IBS! What is going on with me?? Just coming here and talking about it has made me feel better, and reading the posts. Thank God you are all here when I do need you. I think tomorrow I am going to make an app with a GI doc. I hate doctors! Lem

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry to hear you are sick. I'm sick today too. Yep, I get the chills, but while my body is cold my face gets really hot, like I'm running a fever (even though I'm not). And yeah, it freaks me out too. I usually have to meditate and do breathing exercises in between bathroom bouts. Also, listening to classical music and drinking lots of warm water helps me (don't ask me why, I have no idea...).Don't feel bad about about having a little accident... it's happened to a lot of us... to some of us in public which is hugely humiliating.Anyways, I'm sorry I can't offer anything other than my empathy. Hope your doctor tells you some good news (like maybe you just have a food allergy or something else that is curable... I've had that dream many times...)-- Jared

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry to hear you are sick. I'm sick today too. Yep, I get the chills, but while my body is cold my face gets really hot, like I'm running a fever (even though I'm not). And yeah, it freaks me out too. I usually have to meditate and do breathing exercises in between bathroom bouts. Also, listening to classical music and drinking lots of warm water helps me (don't ask me why, I have no idea...).Don't feel bad about about having a little accident... it's happened to a lot of us... to some of us in public which is hugely humiliating.Anyways, I'm sorry I can't offer anything other than my empathy. Hope your doctor tells you some good news (like maybe you just have a food allergy or something else that is curable... I've had that dream many times...)-- Jared

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.