Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY STOMACH STARTED HURTING SO BAD (THE CRAMPY PAIN - LIKE SOMEONE HAS YOUR STOMACH IN THEIR HANDS AND THEY ARE SQUEEZING THE YOU KNOW WHAT OUT OF IT) THE LAST HOUR OF WORK TODAY. I STILL HAD TO GO PICK UP MY LITTLE BOY AND MAKE IT HOME. THAT IN ITSELF MADE ME MORE PANICKY! WELL - I THOUGHT OF ALL OF THE PEOPLE HERE ON THE BB WHO HAVE TO GO WHAT I GO THROUGH, SOME THAT ARE EVEN WORSE OFF THAN ME, SO I THOUGHT - I CAN DO THIS. I WILL STAY CALM. I JUST STARTED REPEATING EVERYONE'S NAME OVER AND OVER TO MYSELF AND HERE I AM - AT HOME! WHEW!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am sorry to hear that you were not feeling so well on Friday. Way to go! You kept yourself calm and created a distraction so you would'nt panic and make it worse. I usually turn up the radio and start singing or start thinking about my family. Anything to take my mind off it. I was wondering if you new anything about taking Caltrate. I never heard of taking it for IBS before but I am willing to try anything that could possibly help. Hope your feeling better and that you are able to enjoy your weekend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Renee - I did buy a bottle of the Caltrate but am only going to take it when I have D. Wouldn't you know Friday at work I didn't have it with me - it was sitting on my kitchen counter. Now I have some in my purse too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dear rusti, I'm glad things worked out well for you. keep the caltrate and Immodium on you at all times! it's like American Express...don't leave home w/out them! any way I have to agree with Renee. When it strikes keep yourself distracted. Also turning up the radio and singing not only creates a diversion but it also helps control your brerathing so you don't go into a full blown panic attack. try and keep your cool. Another thing I noticed is the closer I get to home, the better I begin to feel. By all means fight this, my life is te size of a postage stamp becauseI let this get to me and developed into an agoraphobic. I'm slowly getting my life back on track and this are getting better. Don't let this happen to you please. Hang in there and fight this with everything you've got. good luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know what you mean - the closer I get to home the better I feel. There was a time when I wouldn't leave my house and if I did I didn't go far. When I do have an attick it takes me awhile to get my confidence back up to venture too far, but I always do. Every time I have an attack I have to start over - vicious cycle!Renee- my e-mail address is rmacr###flash.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well done rusti!Good plan! I think I will do that now as I have another hour of work and then a driving lesson! (stressful) and all I want to do is run to the loo!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
on second thoughts...I don't think my collegues approve of my singing at work!
I'll just sit quiet and think of all of you and how incredibly strong and brave you all are!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts