Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed w/ UC back in 1999 when I was 19. Took all kinds of pills and finally got things under control w/ Immuran about 8-9 years ago.I've been with the same girl for 6 years and we are engaged now... Since being on immuran I've been fighting a battle with HPV (warts) on my toes and popping up here and there. I see my dermatologist once a month. About a month or 2 ago I noticed a "bump" on the patch of skin between my anus and testicles.Saw the Dr yesterday and he says it's likely venereal warts.He immediately asked me if I am heterosexual and I said I was (I am.) He then asked me if I engage in anal sex as a receiver... I don't. He asked if I'd ever had warts like these before or on my penis and I haven't.He was very confused until I asked him if this is another issue arising from a suppressed immune system caused by immuran. His eyes lit up and he said, "Oh - well, if you're on immuran you can catch this almost anywhere."I asked him if I should begin wondering if my fiancé is / was cheating and he was firm that I should not...I am REALLY upset about this... the warts are one thing, but the potential of continuing to pick up things like this from public toilet seats or whatever is really upsetting.I am desperate to hear what you guys think about this...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.