Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came across a new to Australia herbal remedy and was hoping someone in the world had already tried it and could tell me if it helped them.The only other sites I could find about it were also sellers of the product. I did find a third party literature study but none of the trials were targeted at IBS sufferers. http://www.vitaminexpress.com/news/iberogastresearch.htm http://www.flordis.com.au/latest_news.asp Iberogast� is named for the fresh herb Iberis amara (clown's mustard plant), the most valued ingredient in this clinically studied, patented supplement because of its glycoside and flavonoid content. Iberogast combines Iberis amara with eight other herbs that provide synergistic advantages for the entire intestinal tract and digestive system.� A liquid with a pleasant herbal taste, Iberogast is easy for the entire family to use.German chamomile (Matricaria recutita) flower, clown's mustard (Iberis amara) plant, angelica (Angelica archangelica) root and rhizome, caraway (Carum carvi) fruit, milk thistle (Silybum marianum) fruit, lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) leaf, celandine (Chelidonium majus) aerial part, licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) root, and peppermint (Mentha x piperita) leaf.I would appreciate any and all feedback ! even if it's just experience with the herbs the product uses.Cheers,K

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and I was also thinking maybe it is designed to help with a particular type of IBS ... the inclusion of licorice (being a natural laxative) root has me suspecting it would be better for IBS-C suffers ?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh and I was also thinking maybe it is designed to help with a particular type of IBS ... the inclusion of licorice (being a natural laxative) root has me suspecting it would be better for IBS-C suffers ?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I see my magic word, flavonoids, in the description. Given the success I have had from other types of these nutrients, it is certainly worth a shot. I had D and GERD and the flavonoids I take wiped both of them out.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I see my magic word, flavonoids, in the description. Given the success I have had from other types of these nutrients, it is certainly worth a shot. I had D and GERD and the flavonoids I take wiped both of them out.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Yeah,feedback anyone?Some researchs have been done on IBS and this product.I'm curious to see if it works.Flavonoid like grape juice seems to cause more problems.Wine is bad as well.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Yeah,feedback anyone?Some researchs have been done on IBS and this product.I'm curious to see if it works.Flavonoid like grape juice seems to cause more problems.Wine is bad as well.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
D?Activated Charcoal should stop it quickly.Lets see if you turn C with it.Expect to turn black in your bowl.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
D?Activated Charcoal should stop it quickly.Lets see if you turn C with it.Expect to turn black in your bowl.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Sage1979: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php...ic;f=5;t=000509 Spasman: Grape juice and wine are both acidic and would irritate a lot of us. The flavonoids in the grapes comes from the seeds and skin which makes a supplement more effective. When you are up to wasting more money, you might give ginko biloba a try. Every so often someone posts about it and it is one of the ingredients in what I use.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Sage1979: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php...ic;f=5;t=000509 Spasman: Grape juice and wine are both acidic and would irritate a lot of us. The flavonoids in the grapes comes from the seeds and skin which makes a supplement more effective. When you are up to wasting more money, you might give ginko biloba a try. Every so often someone posts about it and it is one of the ingredients in what I use.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Mark sounds like you have had remarkable success with Provex CV, but searching on the internet for Provex CV IBS or Provex CV irritable bowel syndrome did not pull up any other correlations from sufferers - except from yourself. (I did find these two testimonials http://www.ibstales.com/male_tales_dh2.htm and http://remedyfind.com/review_long.asp?id=5...review_id=10994 however I suspect they are both you too ;-)I was hoping you had come across others who had experienced relief from using flavanoids, or any other resources who explain why this would be beneficial for IBS sufferers ? I can find a lot on that it is a great antioxidant but I haven't really heard much on antioxidants being particularly recommended for IBS sufferers.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Mark sounds like you have had remarkable success with Provex CV, but searching on the internet for Provex CV IBS or Provex CV irritable bowel syndrome did not pull up any other correlations from sufferers - except from yourself. (I did find these two testimonials http://www.ibstales.com/male_tales_dh2.htm and http://remedyfind.com/review_long.asp?id=5...review_id=10994 however I suspect they are both you too ;-)I was hoping you had come across others who had experienced relief from using flavanoids, or any other resources who explain why this would be beneficial for IBS sufferers ? I can find a lot on that it is a great antioxidant but I haven't really heard much on antioxidants being particularly recommended for IBS sufferers.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mark have you done any research into flavanoids, as to whether all flavanoids have the same effects, or just the one you used through personal experience ? (Provex CV contains a specific flavonoid called quercetin)I am hoping someone else has tried Iberogast in particular as it has a patent on it's composition (they must be confident it works ;-) or experienced the effects of clown's mustard plant.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mark have you done any research into flavanoids, as to whether all flavanoids have the same effects, or just the one you used through personal experience ? (Provex CV contains a specific flavonoid called quercetin)I am hoping someone else has tried Iberogast in particular as it has a patent on it's composition (they must be confident it works ;-) or experienced the effects of clown's mustard plant.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
You're right; but since we don't know the root cause(s) of our conditions, and since research is normally driven by pharmaceutical companies testing their particular treatment, research into "testimonials" is generally not on. There are a couple of people from the Board who use it, one of whom has had spectacular results with her pain as well as control of her diarrhea. There is a doctor in New York who apparently suggests it for D & GERD, along with its intended use for cardio support. There are innumerable testimonials for its successful use with Fibro, ADD, and MS; but cholesterol controls are the focus of the published testing and all you will find in the clinical work.As I understand it, the biggest problem with flavonoids and why we don't see endless TV commercials about them is that they are extremely difficult to get absorbed. Why Provex has been successful is from the discovery of a blend of coenzymes that quadruples that absorbancy. (Patent, of course, applied for.) For the purposes of our discussion, the question is what caused my GI problems such that this would solve them and is that cause specific to me or is it more general. Secondly, which of the flavonoids is responsible? I strongly suspect it is the ginko and the grape seed in combination with the absorbancy factors; but that is all inference from the U Adelaide study I mentioned.If Iberogast has scientific patents granted, then it means they have proven clinically that their product works significantly better than similar ones on the market. Given that we all must be proactive in finding solutions for this, it is easy enough to give it a try. Worst case, you line one off of your list. Best case, you get overitnow too.Cheers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts