Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am new to this board. i was dx with IBS about 12 years ago. Most of the time i have IBS-D and then occasionally IBS-C. I recently had a baby in november and after i got through my first trimester i never had one IBS symptom. It was great, i could eat anything i wanted and had reg BM. But my luck ran out as soon as i gave birth. My GI dr has me on Robinul 1 mg twice a day and Clonipin .25mg 1/2 per day. i am also supposed to take citrucel 3 times a day but have noticed that it makes me constipated so im scared to take it. it has been 7 days since my last BM. Last night i drank the max dose of MOM, but nothing yet. I have also taken 3 phillips soft gel stool softners. im in so much pain. i feel like i need to go but cant and my stomach is swelling more by the minute. i plan to take another dose of MOM when i get home from work. does anyone have other suggestions in case it does not work again. I am desperate! Please help!

·
Registered
49 Posts
As far as your clonopin goes, you are on .25mg 1/2 per day. Does this mean you are taking .25mg a day or half of that amount a day. I am curretnly on clonopin and take .25 to .5mg a day as needed for cramping. When I am really backed up, I take MOM as it does not cause me to cramp up. If I am really backed up, I will continue to take the max dose for a few days until I finally am able to go. Sometimes. the max dose does not work right away. Be patient and give it some time. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Dana,thanks for responding, It is nice to know that there are others out there who understand. As far as the clonipin, i am breaking the .25mg tablet in half. i take it every morning with 1mg of robinal. are you taking anything with the clonipin? the robinul seems to work ok ive only been on it for a little over a month, but is makes your mouth very dry. i drink tons of water. i took the other dose of MOM and i have started to have relief-thank god!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.