Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,I have IBS - A and find it's difficult to get advice for the middle ground sufferer!Just wondering if anyone has any advice for someone who feels it's the end of the road as far as a "cure" is concerned. I have tried cutting back on fibre, eating more fibre, cutting out dairy etc etc. Been on Mebeverine - no use.I have almost constant discomfort, ranging from mild to severe and most days pain from diffcult to unbearable .... no energy, back back pain, chest / neck pain.It is ruining my life. Any advice gratefully recieved.Also how do people's partners deal with this? Mine doesn't get it, thinks it a inconvinience to her!

·
Registered
722 Posts
There are other antispasmodics you could try and also low dose antidepressants can help some with pain.I have had severe ibs most of my life,in my late forties now,so i understand the 'ruining life' part.But never give up,keep on trying to find something that will help.I am very lucky that i have a very supportive husband,that is of a great help to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have IBS-A. I was diagnosed just 5 months ago, so I am still on my way to learning things to cope with this illness. Some things that I have found effective is starting a food journal to find out what my trigger foods are, sticking to a diet that is friendly to my digestive system and living my life despite this like for example even if I am having a really bad symptom day still try to go out with friends. Sometimes just taking your mind off your colon can help it calm down. I would be interested at any other replies to this topic, thank you for posting it =). Hope we find some answers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.