Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have IBS-A. I cant decided which is worse, the days i have IBS-D or the days i have IBS-C. Both bring on severe nausea and no appetite. They both leave me feeling very depressed and have me repeating the phrase "life sucks."I have searched the internet for information about IBS-A, but have come up short. Does anyone have any good information for this type of IBS?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
We have some other people on here who have discussed their problems over the years.Often avoiding the constipation can be the trick to breaking the cycle where you back up for a couple of days then the body goes into "flush mode" so you have diarrhea that then leaves you a bit too empty which helps set up the next round of constipation.Often people try to do too much to stop the diarrhea and that also can block people up and the fear of the diarrhea means they won't take fiber or osmotics or other things to keep from getting constipated. The diarrhea tends to be more disruptive to people so they try to stop that, but end up making the cycle worse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.