Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS for about 10 years. About 4 weeks ago I went to my MD because of loose and sometimes thin stools. He said it was IBS, but did a blood test to check blood cells.Blood tests turned out fine. I still had diarrea or flaking stools and this is two weeks after visit. Went back to the doc again and he is sending me to the GI doc, but cant get in until mid December. I started out having pain (light pain) below the belt in the groin area. The pain then went from the belly button to near the chest in the middle.It felt more like the symptoms I have had with IBS in the past. (like spasms) The doctor also did a blood test for wheat allergy. I have in the past 10 years had an upper GI a sigmoidoscopy. Does this sound like IBS to any of you?? I worry that I should not wait so long thinking its more serious, but my doctor tells me he finds nothing serious and the GI doctor will determine if more tests are needed. He thinks it may just be IBS acting up. I have now had these symptoms over 6 weeks. I have no blood in stools, other than one time on the toilet paper. I have never had IBS symptoms last for more than 10 days or so. Over the last couple of days the pain is going away, but the stools are still thin. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Pacman, I've had the lower right pain, plus the stool that looks like coffe grounds or thinner, I've had lots of other symptoms that are described by people in here & I've had these every single day for the last 14 years, I have a new pain, rectal, straight up to the belly button, driving is almost impossible ( feels like I have a pole up there ), went to my doc & going next monday to do a colonoscopy!! EVeryday it's something different & painful, this sucks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Dvtpt. It's good to know that this has lasted longer than 10 days for someone else too. Sounds like you have much more pain than I do. Hope you are feeling better soon. I can't believe the doctors make me wait 6 weeks to just get to see a GI doctor. That was their first opening. Then I will probably have to wait another couple weeks if they want to do a colonoscopy. But your right it really sucks!! Thanks again for the reply!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.