Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So iv had ibs for four years first year i got mostly constipation and the 3 others have mostly been D and i just got a colonoscopy 2 weeks ago. Everything was normal, but before i had the colonoscopy i was getting D almost every weekend and having some what normal bms during the week thanx to extra uping my imodium. Anyways I gad the colonoscopy and hae been very constipated iv gone only like once or twice when i have felt like i got things out. I have been taking metimucil every morning but its not doing much. Im still taking imodium because i have been taking one a day for 2 years and when i try to get off it i feel worse so idk what to do. Any advice is appriciated. It wednesday night and i havent gone fully since sunday. UGH!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Constipation after a colonoscopy does seem kind of common as you don't have anything in there at first so the first bits of stool to get into the colon afterward may get extra dried out.I would stop the Imodium until you start going again. If you have some hard dry stool that won't move easily in there, blocking it up more is really not going to help at all.Once things are moving again you can start the Imodium back up. It isn't a drug you have to use for a few weeks before you see a difference, so you can take breaks as needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.