Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My emotions have a lot to do with how my IBS affects my everyday life, as it does with everyone else... but this time, it's bad. I've recently discovered my boyfriend of over a year has been cheating on me (again!) and my IBS is now out of control. The knot in my stomach is so painful and I'm having really bad D even though I'm not eating much because of the nausea. Plus, the thought of him and those girls makes me so sick that I can't even stomach the thought of eating.I can't tell the difference between the IBS and my horribly broken heart. I'm weak, very tired, I'm running a fever, I threw up last night (was it cause of the crying or because of something else?). I'm miserable and I'm sick and I just want to crawl into a hole and die. Isn't it funny how life always seems to kick you when you're down?I guess I'm just trying to vent and look for support with this. How do you all deal with extreme emotions and IBS?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't really have an answer to your question because im still trying to figure that answer out, but want you to know ive been going through kind of the same thing, i dont really have any advice and would tell you to keep your chin up it will get better but i know how old hearing that gets, but i also know it helps sometimes to know your not alone and that theres other people out there having the same problem so just commented to let you know you arent alone!

·
Registered
312 Posts
seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto youif you have had sex with your boyfreind but he is now haveing sex with another woman then he has committed adultery.also as for your IBS-D this is how you fix itread whats on this websitehttp://www.biblelife.org/bowel.htmeat a diet high in fat, medium in protein, and very low in carbohydrates and very very low fibersomething like 50-70% fat, 20-40% protein, 3-10% carbohydrates, these % are easy to get just eat foods that are high in fat like chicken eggs are 61% fat also try to limmit your carbohydrate intake too 20-40 grams per day but don't worry if you eat less than thatheres an example eat lots of eggs, unsalted butter, meat, some cheese and broccoli is good too however only eat the top flower parts of the broccoli cause you don't want to be eating the stems the stems are where the fiber is and that is what you want to avoid cause you don't want to be eating fiberalso there are some fats you can't eat cause they will cause stomach problemsvegetable oils = BAD, don't eat any vegetable oils abosolutely nonebutter, fatty meat = GOOD, make sure everything you eat is cooked with butter and not vegetable oilsif you cook a steak in olive oil it will hurt your gut but if you cook it in butter it will be goodavoid all dairy except for cheese and raw milk but avoid ricotta and cottage cheese cause they are badalso try and get lots of cod liver oil like carlsons codliver oil and staying out in the sun for 15 mins each day at noon time to help get Vitamin D will help alot but if you don't want to go out in the sun then try and get some high quality vitamin D made from real ingredients a brand solar D 4000 IU pills are goodnow for an example of foods to avoidavoid all : White and black pepper, vinegar, capers, cinnamon, Cornstarch, Corn syrup, Nutmeg, Vanilla , Ketchup, pickles, mayonnaise, mustard, relish Coffee, Distilled liquor, Black Tea , coconut, glutose frutose, tomatos, zucchini, breadavoid all : Grains, starchy vegetables, fruits, beans, Legumes, Alcohal, Nuts & Seeds, Dairy, white flour, fast food, junk food, and don't eat any pork or shellfish they absorb to many toxins into there fleshand only eat these foodsmeat, unsalted butter, broccoli, cauliflower, Liver, Heart, animal organs, bone marrow , animal fat, chicken/turkey skin, cheesethey are the foods that i know have the best effect on IBS-D so only eat thoughs foods but if you want to avoid the organs and just eat butter, eggs, meat, broccoli, cheese and codliver oil then that can work too thats what i mostly just eatand if possible try to get organic and grass fed animal fat cause grass fed animal fat is much better for you cause it has vitamins like K2 429 but if you can't find any thats ok just eat normal meatbecareful of all pre-made meats like sausages they may have flour or sugar added into them you must be carefuland remember absolutely no cheating i know normally you can't eat even one bite of broccoli or fatty meat right? but that is because you ate bad things with it like bread if i ate bread then i could not eat a single bite of broccoli or fatty meat with out geting horrible problems. but after you cut the bad types of carbohydrates out its like magic you can eat lots of fatty meat and broccoli and get no stomach problems what so everit can take a good 6 months to fully heal your stomach but while it's healing only eat the foods i said were ok because you can't test foods untill your stomach is fully healed and i know these foods are good. and also when your stomach is fully healed and going to test new foods remember to only test 1 new food every week and if that food makes you feel crappy then that food is no goodalso with you eating very low carbohydrates 25 grams or less if you eat that low you will go into ketosis this is perfectly normal and healthy however when you first enter ketosis when you have never really done it before you will feel crappy for 14 days or so with a slight headace and low energy don't worry it passes here is info on ithttp://www.biblelife.org/ketosis.htmi have fueled off of ketones for 5 straight years trust me once you get past the 20 or so day adaptation phase its extremely easy to stick too infact i feel more energized when fueling off of ketones rather than glucoseand if your worried about all that fat intake don't be cause eskimos eat a diet of up to 80% fat yet there all extremely lean they have a 11% body fat which is very lean and they have 0% heart disease and 0% type 2 diabetes they are perfectly healthy cause saturated animal fat's are good for you. the whole saturated animal fats being bad for you was a lie. and the things that are bad for you and cause heart disease is glucose and other forms of sugar.the healing of the stomach takes awhile and solid foods will still cause some discomfort obviously on a damaged stomach but one of the things you will notice right away is you should get over 75% less gas with in just 3 days and once your stomach is fully healed you will be gas free :(hope this info helps God bless

·
Registered
99 Posts
What you've been through is enough to cause all those physical symptoms without the IBS. The IBS will make it worse, of course, but the only way to get over it is to get over him. All I can say is the same as to anybody faced with this kind of trauma. The lying, cheating @#%&* is not worth and doesn't deserve your physical pain. You're going to have to go through the grieving process - see it as a process which does have a start and and end - but do something nice for yourself that doesn't involve eating, like getting a massage.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Chic I am so sorry you are going through this. I agree totally with Jillywindy. I find I do best when I try to keep on an even emotional keel. But sometimes... like this time for you.... it just is almost impossible. And in those times I try to pamper myself a bit and use relaxation techniques, slow calming breathing... listne to calming music etc. I also try to avoid more trauma by judging myself and/or my emotions or expressions of them. I just try to express the feelings in a healthy manner and then move on through the day. When I was grieving I allowed myself the tears but then.. just blew my nose and kept on going.And most of all, I tried to keep in mind.... "This too shall pass."(((((Hugs)))))

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys so much
I'm having a really hard time with this and it's just ruining me. I've been through this before with him but I swear, this time it hurts more because he broke those promises he made. I'm still barely eating because of how upset my stomach is and it's hard to eat with all these knots! Also, I'm still not sleeping much because I'm having nightmares and it's also very hard to fall asleep.I guess it doesn't help that I haven't kicked him out yet and he shares a bed with me. I know, I'm an idiot.. but when you share your every waking moment with someone for over a year, it's hard to relearn how to do everything on your own and damn, it is SO hard to let go!So back to the main topic of IBS, it's still acting up of course. But thanks again for the support, I really need it.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
A counsellor/therapist might be of great assistance to you in helping you to let go. Give going to one some thought maybe??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A counsellor/therapist might be of great assistance to you in helping you to let go. Give going to one some thought maybe??
I've been to therapists my entire life but right now I don't have any money for one. I had to stop seeing them because of the money issues so I'm just winging it by myself right now. I know I should really try to see one though, not just for the heartbreak but also for my anxiety and depression due to IBS.

·
Registered
99 Posts
A therapist, although undoubtedly very helpful, will be telling you a lot of what you already know - like don't share a bed with someone who gives you nightmares. Easy to say, hard to do, hey.Does he know what effect he and his actions are having? If not, maybe he needs to know. Not a blame and point fingers session. I.e., don't say "this is what you are doing to me", because you are somehow complicit in the current situation. Say something like "Because of the breakdown of our relationship, I'm having these X physical symptoms/problems and it's making me very ill. It has to change." He can't deny that and it gives you something to work from.Whatever, your IBS won't get get better with you living like this and, when it comes down to it, your health comes before everything else. Your body will make you take notice eventually.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts