Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
I don't know if my skin problems can be considered acne but it seems like I always have some sort of breakout. Never really have clear skin.I don't know if it's the stress or the fact that something is always going haywire in my system.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I don't know if my skin problems can be considered acne but it seems like I always have some sort of breakout. Never really have clear skin.I don't know if it's the stress or the fact that something is always going haywire in my system.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just went and bought some acidophillus capsules today, I thought I'd try it out. The write up the clerk gave me stated that having too much "bad" bacteria in your bowels can lead to diarrhea, constipation, and skin erruptions, as well as IBS. I have always had zits, since I was fifteen (am now 34) I wonder if these capsules will help the IBS as well as the break outs! Many people on this BB take probiotics, I hope they work for me. I'll let you know

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just went and bought some acidophillus capsules today, I thought I'd try it out. The write up the clerk gave me stated that having too much "bad" bacteria in your bowels can lead to diarrhea, constipation, and skin erruptions, as well as IBS. I have always had zits, since I was fifteen (am now 34) I wonder if these capsules will help the IBS as well as the break outs! Many people on this BB take probiotics, I hope they work for me. I'll let you know

G

·
HI. I'm a new member, so I hope u get this! I'm 43, have had "adult onset acne" on & off since I was in my 30's. the ONLY treatment that has taken the zits away & KEPT them away is DOXYCYCLINE (called "Vibramycin" here in South Africa). It's a long-term treatment tho - I stopped recently for 2 weeks, & the zits came right on back! UGH! When I'm on it (that's 50mg once a day, btw), the only zits I get are one or two on my jawline during ovulation.

G

·
HI. I'm a new member, so I hope u get this! I'm 43, have had "adult onset acne" on & off since I was in my 30's. the ONLY treatment that has taken the zits away & KEPT them away is DOXYCYCLINE (called "Vibramycin" here in South Africa). It's a long-term treatment tho - I stopped recently for 2 weeks, & the zits came right on back! UGH! When I'm on it (that's 50mg once a day, btw), the only zits I get are one or two on my jawline during ovulation.

·
Banned
221 Posts
I've been taking lactobacillus acidophilus for some weeks. Trying to convince myself they're doing some good . Tried them couple of years ago ; was'nt sure if they made much difference. As for zits, pimples whatever you call them, I can't believe I've never been totally free of them and I have'nt been a adolescent for over 40 years

·
Banned
221 Posts
I've been taking lactobacillus acidophilus for some weeks. Trying to convince myself they're doing some good . Tried them couple of years ago ; was'nt sure if they made much difference. As for zits, pimples whatever you call them, I can't believe I've never been totally free of them and I have'nt been a adolescent for over 40 years

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have has adult acne, but I don't think it was related to my IBS. I was given the anti-biotic minomycin, and if it had worked I would have had to stay on it for ages (whic I didn't like the sound of). The minomycin didn't help and my skin was starting to scar (I had inflammatory acne, not cystic) so I saw a dermatologist who gave me Roaccutane/Accutane/Oratane. It was a miracle cure for me. It even cleared the blackheads away. I might get one spot every few months but that is it.Don't put up with acne - it can be treated. Ask your Dr (that sounds like an ad!)

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have has adult acne, but I don't think it was related to my IBS. I was given the anti-biotic minomycin, and if it had worked I would have had to stay on it for ages (whic I didn't like the sound of). The minomycin didn't help and my skin was starting to scar (I had inflammatory acne, not cystic) so I saw a dermatologist who gave me Roaccutane/Accutane/Oratane. It was a miracle cure for me. It even cleared the blackheads away. I might get one spot every few months but that is it.Don't put up with acne - it can be treated. Ask your Dr (that sounds like an ad!)

·
Registered
398 Posts
i'm 23 and i have acne, but i never had acne when in was a teenager. i don't know if it's related to my IBS or not. But it could definitely be stress related. It did get worse around the same time the my IBS got worse though so I think for me they are both related to stress.

·
Registered
398 Posts
i'm 23 and i have acne, but i never had acne when in was a teenager. i don't know if it's related to my IBS or not. But it could definitely be stress related. It did get worse around the same time the my IBS got worse though so I think for me they are both related to stress.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My mother, now 77, has had acne vulgaris all of her life. In search of pretty skin, she has subjected herself to so many treatments that she now is resistant to most antibiotics and her skin peels like birch bark. Ma didn't want me to suffer zits like she had, so she trotted me around to various docs in my teens, who gave me some treatments now regarded as carcinogenic. I haven't had much trouble with acne since my hormones changed after a hysterectomy 12 years ago. I get zits occasionally now (I wish they were only on my face!) IF I eat much fat or any grease at all. I stay away from fats and grease, my skin stays dandy. Other than the fact that fat and grease happen to also make my gut angry, I haven't noticed any connection between IBS and acne. Peace,Lydia

·
Registered
269 Posts
My mother, now 77, has had acne vulgaris all of her life. In search of pretty skin, she has subjected herself to so many treatments that she now is resistant to most antibiotics and her skin peels like birch bark. Ma didn't want me to suffer zits like she had, so she trotted me around to various docs in my teens, who gave me some treatments now regarded as carcinogenic. I haven't had much trouble with acne since my hormones changed after a hysterectomy 12 years ago. I get zits occasionally now (I wish they were only on my face!) IF I eat much fat or any grease at all. I stay away from fats and grease, my skin stays dandy. Other than the fact that fat and grease happen to also make my gut angry, I haven't noticed any connection between IBS and acne. Peace,Lydia

G

·
I, too, am 23 and have acne and IBS. My acne isn't that bad but I always have a pimple here or there on my face. I only started having acne problems when I started college. Never had any problems in my teens like normal people! If anyone has anything that has helped their acne, let me know!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.