Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys do you find when you drink alcahol that you need the toilet it feels like your muscle relaxes it gose after about an hour but i was woundering if this was just me or a few or all or us

·
Registered
374 Posts
With alcohol I mainly noticed (more when I had stomach ulcers) that I couldn't handle hard liquor at ALL...it'd come back up the second it hit my stomach. Luckily that seems to have passed, but I've noticed that I can't hold my alcohol as well as I could pre-IBS...it takes a lot less to make me throw up (not saying that I normally drunk until I throw up, but just like every now and then). I know a lot of people, like my boyfriend, who just sit down and have a beer with dinner or just have one to chill out, but I can't really do that because I never know how it's going to settle, and if it's in the middle of the day when I had a drink, it'd be bad to get sick somewhere on campus.Anyway, I'm off track. Lol.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I do drink alcohol, but if i drink bitters or lagers i know it is a bad idea.I tend to stick to what i know. And not go over board. Will bump up a few threads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts