Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!! I have recently been diagnosed with IBS although i have had it for around 3 years now. When it started i got occasional bouts of anxiety and over the years it has got a lot worse. At the moment it is really bad. I feel out of touch, dizzy, nausious, restless etc and this is quite alot of the time now.Luckily the doc has perscribed me with Amytriptiline (i think thats how spell it) and i start this tonight. He said this should help with the anxiety aswell as the IBS.Just wanted to know if anyone else has been suffering with very bad anxiety and also if you are on Amytriptiline has it controlled this?Thanks for taking the time to read this. Ry.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It seems pretty common for people to have both, and symptoms of IBS tend to be the sorts of things that set off anxiety and anxiety then makes the IBS worse, so people often have to work on both.That medication, if it is the right one for you (some people may have to try a couple of antidepressants to find the right one for them) can help with both issues.IBS and anxiety are a common combination and we do have a Managing Anxiety forum, here it the direct link to thathttp://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?showforum=31

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.