Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnoed with IBS three years ago. Started taking ativan 1 mil.daily and this really helped my IBS - I felt great for awhile. Then it was not doing any good I imagine I developed a tolerance to it. I did not want to increase it so I went off it cold turkey in July 2002. I went through hell for two weeks and finally went back on it. Finally, in January I started tapering off ativan and switched to valium. I have been off drugs since April 9th, 2003. But it seems my IBS has gotten a whole lot worse. Recently had a colonoscopy everything okay. Last night, I ate some sun chips and cheesies made a pig of myself and today have terrible spasms on right side and gas. I am so fed up with feeling lousy and I keep thinking this does not seem normal to feel so sick all the time. I get spasms and I feel so liightheaded with this I feel like I am going to fall. Is this normal to feel so liightheaded all the time. Has anybody else out there have the same symptoms. It seems that after a bowel movement it is worse. I keep thinking I must have some serious illness. It seems that every time I eat something that is not good for my IBS the next day I am really ill. Please if there is anyone that can tell me if they are going through the same thing. Is it possible I have made my IBS worse by going cold turkey off the ativan last year. Or just being off the ativan and valium my gut is so sensitive. Any help would be so appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
quote: Is this normal to feel so liightheaded all the time.
Hi BatmellI haven't used the drugs you described, but I do know that I get light headed preceding a bad bout of D, and after as well. It almost feels like I have a cloud inside my head. Don't know if this is normal or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.