Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if bladder infections and yeast infections are common for IBS people? Since May of last year everytime I go to the docter I either have one of the other. Two days ago, another bladder infection. My doc says another bladder scan if this continues. All replies are appreciated. Thanks for all your support!!!!Patty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there. Your message caught my eye. This is my first post so I hope this works. I started checking out this site b/c I believe I may have IBS. I'm 29/Female and 4 years ago I was diagnosed with Intersitial Cystitis. The medical definition is: Interstitial cystitis is a chronic, and often severe, inflammation of the bladder wall, the cause of which is unknown. Primary symptoms are urinary frequency, urgency, and, for some, severe lower abdominal or perineal pain.The reason I wanted to bring this to your attention is b/c I always thought I had a small bladder and constantly went to the doctor for bladder infections. I nearly lost my mind and insisted they figure me out. A lot of people say that people who suffer from both IBS and IC do so b/c they are related with low immune systems (there's a longer explanation). You should bring this up to your doctor perhaps. Also for more info you can check out www.ic-network.com.Hope this helps!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I used to get a ton of bladder infections...once i was in the hospital because of. Now I take the cranberry herb extract, and have not suffered one since! I'm gessing its the herb. Anyway I get it at target and love it. Good luck, hope it gets betterAmanda

·
Registered
11 Posts
I suffered from frequent (non specific) bladder infections at the age of 8 until my early twenties, when I started to drink mainly water. I have very infrquent episodes now which is just as well, as my IBS symptoms started in my early 30's!I wonder if there is some sort of link here?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, I've had bladder infections/irritations since I was 10. Sometimes the doctors will find an infection, somestimes not. Caffine brings it on most of the time, but not always. Also, I have overactive bladder...........ah, if only my metabolism worked as good as my bladder. Holly

·
Banned
194 Posts
I've had good luck with Cranberry Juice and lots of water when it comes to defeating bladder infections. Irritations of any kind can provoke a bladder infection, including everything from constipation to sexual stimulation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.