Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following my last message. Removed the transdermal patch of Menorest. After 24 hours the pain eased. Consulted my gynacologist and she said that there is definitely a link to having problems with estrogen and progesterone and IBS, advising to stay off the products and try to get relief from hot flushes through Promensil and soya milk etc. Seeing naturopath this week and will report back on her comments.

G

·
wish my gynecologist would see a connection. I have had ibs symptoms regularly every time I ovulate for over a year. Started taking Provera (medoxyprogesterone) last June to help thin uterine lining. In Sept. got symptoms similar to acid reflux, had various tests done and now GI says could be IBS. I think it is hormone related but can get no one to explore that avenue. What is your gyne doing for you??

G

·
So does that mean that my birth control pills might be adding to the problem? Actually, they have alleviated some of my pain during ovulation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.