Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. i need help!!!.I have ibsd. right now is under control. i take fibercon 6 caplets a day. my only ibs symptoms right now are fatigue. some days is not too bad. other days i sleep about 9 hours at night and im still tired the next day. i go to school 4 days a week from 5:30 to 9:30 at night. sometimes all i can do is wath tv and maybe wash dishes and make the bed. otherwise if i do anything else im drained by the time i go to school. im also still bloated due to the ibs even though i dont eat any milk products(im lactose intolerant) and i dont eat gassy foods. I also have dust and dust mite allergy for which i take claritin daily and sometimes sudafed. I dont know what to do. im going to school to be a medical assistant and i know i'll have to be on my feet a lot. sometimes i feel like icouldn't even work part time due to my fatigue. im also using the ibs 100 program which has helped .im at day 21 today. if anyone has any suggestions to help my fatigue please help. i dont mind the bloating as long as i dont have diarrhea, but the tiredness limits my life. thank you and god bless you.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I get fatigue whenever stress gets to my IBS, or whenever I havn't been getting a lot of sleep(more so than usual, I mean, of course I'm going to be tired, but after I finally got my IBS under control if I miss a half an hour of sleep it feels like I missed 2 hours). If I get an attack, I can barely ever do anything else, it just gets me so damn tired. I geuss it takes a lot out of you. Now that I have it under control, I know that when I start to get tired, I have to take some breaks or I will get a stress IBS attack. I do think they are linked, but if its a huge problem, you should ask your doctor. Raven

·
Registered
119 Posts
I get fatigue whenever stress gets to my IBS, or whenever I havn't been getting a lot of sleep(more so than usual, I mean, of course I'm going to be tired, but after I finally got my IBS under control if I miss a half an hour of sleep it feels like I missed 2 hours). If I get an attack, I can barely ever do anything else, it just gets me so damn tired. I geuss it takes a lot out of you. Now that I have it under control, I know that when I start to get tired, I have to take some breaks or I will get a stress IBS attack. I do think they are linked, but if its a huge problem, you should ask your doctor. Raven

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Faith I agree, mention this to your Doc and maybe ask about a vitamin supplement?BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Faith I agree, mention this to your Doc and maybe ask about a vitamin supplement?BQ

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have asked my doctor about it. she even did tests for lupus and other autoimmune disorders. also all my blood tests are normal. the only thing i mentioned is that i take claritin everyday. and sometimes sudafed. i have allergies to dust ,dust mites, and roaches. these are all year round allergies and i know that allergies can cause tiredness, but i dont know exactly what's making it worse. my allergies are pretty bad. im almost always congested, so my eustachian tubes get a lot of nasal discharge and i even get lightheaded sometimes( just want to explain how bad my allergies are). anyway thanks for your help. i almost forgot. im also taking acidophillus, b complex vitamins and vitamin c. i eat very healthy. low fat and low salt, i drink at least 6 glasses of water a day. and i drink soymilk which is good for your health(im lactose intolerant).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have asked my doctor about it. she even did tests for lupus and other autoimmune disorders. also all my blood tests are normal. the only thing i mentioned is that i take claritin everyday. and sometimes sudafed. i have allergies to dust ,dust mites, and roaches. these are all year round allergies and i know that allergies can cause tiredness, but i dont know exactly what's making it worse. my allergies are pretty bad. im almost always congested, so my eustachian tubes get a lot of nasal discharge and i even get lightheaded sometimes( just want to explain how bad my allergies are). anyway thanks for your help. i almost forgot. im also taking acidophillus, b complex vitamins and vitamin c. i eat very healthy. low fat and low salt, i drink at least 6 glasses of water a day. and i drink soymilk which is good for your health(im lactose intolerant).

·
Registered
378 Posts
Do you have lower back pain, do you have colon spasms?Did you try a starch free diet. I am just wondering because I feel tired if my food contain starch, and/or refind sugar

·
Registered
378 Posts
Do you have lower back pain, do you have colon spasms?Did you try a starch free diet. I am just wondering because I feel tired if my food contain starch, and/or refind sugar

1 - 13 of 13 Posts