Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fibromyalgia. I am pretty certain I have IBS. How does fibro affect IBS and how does IBS affect fibro?I have a rough session Tuesday night. Got the pain at work. The pain got to be so bad that I was afraid I'd pass out. Small bowel movement helped a little and I left work (library clerk) and drove home. Once I got home, I started having diarrhea right after I got out of the car. I've never had that happen before. In fact, the whole thing was worse than I've had before. I am still feeling rough -- fibro is worse -- pain, fatigue, etc. I am still having slight rumbles which made me decide to call in sick tonight. I am so worried that it will happen again. I think I need to make an appointment with my rheumatologist? I've had sessions about once a month lately. Is that common?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
When you say sessions do you mean instances when you had pain and or diarrhea?If so, and with it coming on once a month... it might be related to hormone fluxuations.You can read more about the connection of IBS & Hormones in our Women's Health Issues Forum.Also we have a Fibro & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Forum for more info.You can reach all of our Forums by using the site navigator at the bottom right of every page by the "Go" tab. Use the drop down arrow to see all of the forums.ETA:Carolina Lady I just saw your other posting in the Welcome Forum. If this is the first time you are experiencing the D and pain... you REALLY need to see a Dr and not self diagnose yourself with IBS. The rheumatologist may refer you on to a GI to rule out other GI diseases or disorders. If he doesn't.. ask him to. That is important.And disregard what I said about the hormones.. lol:( If there is any Higher Power up there at all ... at your age, I would seriously hope you are finished messing with hormones!But please get yourself checked out by a Dr for sure and let us know how you are doing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.