Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,I'm in the middle of another bout of IBS (just in time for Christmas). My last bout was way back in Spring time when the pain got so bad I passed out in the loo! At around the same time a friend at work talked me into running a half-marathon. I was very wary of running any great distance since the IBS started out years before with D after playing soccer!! Anyway, I started a training shedule and while I suffered mild D after execise initially, after a few weeks my guts where normal! I then had 6 months completely IBS free (including beer, chocolate, coffee, curry!)
I ran the 1/2 marathon and injured my knee in the process - so no more running. That was back in september and while I still go to the gym 3 times a week I'm doing weights rather than running. Last week my kids caught some viral tummy-bug and it was only a matter of time before it got me. And it's kicked off one hell of a episode of IBS
Anyone else find running helpful or find that a tummy-bug can trigger IBS ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Robert - I run every day. Weather is good, I do it outside. Bad - inside at the gym. I find I get nauseated rather than D when running, but it doesn't happen very often. Keep up with your running and weight training. In the long "run" (no pun intended), it's all good!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.