Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry!!!!I accidentally pushed the wrong button on my keyboard, and sent it before I was supposed to. I wanted to ask for help in regards to the kinds of food one can eat with IBS and the food to stay away from. Is there such a list? I just sometime don't know what to eat, most of what I eat lately seem to "wake-up" my IBS, making my stomach growl, making funny noises, hurting of course and a lot of belching. Your help is greatly appreciated.

G

·
I have not been officially diagnosed with IBS yet, will be going to doc later this week to start the tests and whatever else it takes.As far as eating goes.....it seems that nothing agrees with my tummy. I am sick to death of angel food cake, chicken breast, oatmeal, farina. Yich!!! So I am anxiously awaiting other replies to your question.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I can tell you what I stay away from:Here we go ----Fried foods (nothing fried)Greasy foods (hamburgers, french fries, etc.)EGGS (any kind, anyway)MayonaiseRED MEAT (ALL) - Last time I had a steak I was in an instant IBS episodeCHEESE (no way)Sour CreamCream CHEESEWhite breadBeansLemons/LimesToo much fruit (only limited amounts)MayonaiseWhole MilkCandyNutsCabbageTomato (acid reflux)Clam ChowderChilliSoupWhat I try to eatChicken (baked, broiled or boiled)Fish (limited amounts)TunaSalad (limited amounts - hurts my tummy)Oatmeal (nothing in it except a little honey)Graham crackers I do ok w/Turkey (non processed turkey) - So I cook one at home and then use it to make sand.Yogurt (good for your stomach)Wheat bread (this hurts some though)Frozen Sorbet (small amounts)JelloFruit (small amount minus acidic types of fruit)Veggies (small amounts minus beans, cabbage and tomato)So as you can see my choices are limited. But I can live off these items.I take multi vitamins, fiber capsules (or I am a wreck), fennel, oil of peppermit, golden seal (urinary tract), garlic oil, fish oil and Kava (at night to chill me out).

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
i dont have, cabbage, citrus foods, dairy products, coffee, fizzy drinks, alcohol,red meat, tuna, crappy frozen foods any kind of fishi do eat, oatmeal,scottish oatcakes, small salads,soya products, quorn products,dried fruits (apricots, raisins etc) vegetarian haggis, cold turkey, some veggies ( corn, carrots, iceburg lettuce) cheerios or frosties. fruit (apples, bananas, seedless grapes) lentils, barley (normally in scotch broth)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I stay away from beef, pork, eggs, cabbage, bananas, mayonnaise, whole wheat, whole grains, oats, milk, ice cream, tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, apples, citrus fruits, soda pop.I eat chicken, fish, soy, rice crispies, corn flakes, pasta, rice, potatoes, swiss cheese, yogurt, rice cakes, rice crackers, soda crackers, avocadoes, mangoes, papayas, strawberries, grapes, apple sauce, nuts, pita bread, peanut butter. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.