Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand gray hair can be caused by many other things, but can IBS cause a little more gray hair for a young person in some degree? I don't see topics on this. Could so many bowl movement cause malnutrition and cause gray hair?Thanks.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I am not aware of any connection between gray hair and IBS, but I do know that there is a connection between premature gray hair and thyroid disease. A google search should turn up much information on this for you. My hyperthyroidism was first misdiagnosed as IBS-D for several years before I got a correct diagnosis of Graves disease.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Yes,another crappy gift from the head aches and the early aging cause by IBS.

G

·
Hmm dunno - I'm nearly 43 and battling with not too many grey hairs at present and 10 years with IBS, so hopefully I've escaped so far - mind you, nothing against grey hair - Richard Gere far sexier with the old salt and pepper look - not fair - looks much better on men!! Or is that just me!! Probably the same could be said about bald men versus women - who else finds Hector Elizondo curiously attractive - or do I need to get out more!Sorry, not trying to be too flippant!!Sue

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm 42 with greying hair but I don't think IBS caused it. Now the spouse is the same age and claims she'll never have grey hair...something about that once a month appointment she has.Now, I tried going for that Bruce Willis look with a short buzz. But I believe I ended up looking more like Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade instead.

G

·
Whenever I moan on about my ghoul-like limp locks, my husband Paul says "shut up, at least you've got some bloody hair"!!! Zig Zag - nothing wrong with Billy Bob!!Sue

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.