Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's no way to sugar coat this, so I'm just going to go for it...

Has anyone here shaved/waxed between there butt cheeks to make pooping and wiping easier?

I'm seriously considering giving it a go, as the sheer amount of wiping needed aggravates my bum, my fissures, not to mention wastes a lot of TP.

Side note - Yes I've tried wet wipes, and rinsing with water is too difficult with my day to day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
OMG! Before you resort to shaving, remember how itchy the "grow-out" can be. Try using a "dedicated" wash cloth and warm water to clean up after the yards of TP. Then apply a small dollop of Vaseline with some TP.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I shave down there, twice a week. It definitely helps.

Also if you are home you can use a couple of squirts of aloe lotion on your toilet paper, that way it won't get irritated whenever you wipe. I always do this.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Avoid it.

You could create additional problems with shaving. Many microbes exist in this area and they will have a party with any tiny small cut or abrasion.

If it bothers you much, look for permanent solutions and definitely consult a dermatologist.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I gave it a go. Used an electric razor with the guard set to minimum and away I went.

So far so good. I can feel the stubble but it doesn't really bother me at the moment. Wiping has been bliss. I'd say 90% of the time there's nothing on the TP first wipe.

I will say though, farting feels a bit weird.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Well, I gave it a go. Used an electric razor with the guard set to minimum and away I went.

So far so good. I can feel the stubble but it doesn't really bother me at the moment. Wiping has been bliss. I'd say 90% of the time there's nothing on the TP first wipe.

I will say though, farting feels a bit weird.
Good! Use a squirt of aloe lotion on your TP, no irritation on your exit down there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There's no way to sugar coat this, so I'm just going to go for it...

Has anyone here shaved/waxed between there butt cheeks to make pooping and wiping easier?

I'm seriously considering giving it a go, as the sheer amount of wiping needed aggravates my bum, my fissures, not to mention wastes a lot of TP.

Side note - Yes I've tried wet wipes, and rinsing with water is too difficult with my day to day.
I shave it all down there. It also helps when you have a diaper on, get explosive D. and it goes all over including near the front. Seems easier to clean up after.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Trim it myself, not actual shave it.

And I use wet wipes, but sometimes go through an entire roll of toilet paper if it's really terrible without them.
At home if not feeling too weak on my feet, I will shower afterwards.

When out in public, it can be a problem.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I know there have been posts about this previously, but I can't recommend a bidet enough. It reduces the use of toilet paper and even wet wipes that can cause irritation.

I have a cheap toilet seat attachment, so it doesn't have an air dryer. So, I have a dedicated washcloth to dry myself (the mess has been washed off, so i'm basically just using the washcloth for plain water).

At least keeping the hair trimmed is still helpful. And I'm sure most people already know that those wet wipes should not be flushed, even though they say they are "flushable." They can clog up your plumbing and they wreak havoc on sewage treatment centers.

Even with the bidet, my butthole gets irritated [sorry to be graphic] because I still have to use toilet paper internally to get totally clean, but it is so much better--I can't imagine going back to the days without a bidet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think it's a lot easier with IBS to remove all hair down there; and around your upper thighs. I sometimes use the hair remover, but a good shaving works; just use one of those 5 bladed razors; and lots of shave gel. Afterwards, rub lots of lotion everywhere.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I personaly wax just that area when I have a flare up or trimm it if things are normal. It is definitely easier to keep it clean that way. My husband doesn't have IBS but still uses hair removal cream regularly. We have washlets/bidets in both bathrooms and when I'm at work I carry a small water bottle to splash myself with after BM. Wet wipes iritate us both so we avoid them entirely.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've shaved down there for years for this very reason. I've done it once a week with some shaving gel and I've been fine. All this stubble talk I've never encountered and it makes cleanup 1000x easier. And yes, I'm male and have no shame in it. Makes everything cleaner and manageable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've shaved down there for years for this very reason. I've done it once a week with some shaving gel and I've been fine. All this stubble talk I've never encountered and it makes cleanup 1000x easier. And yes, I'm male and have no shame in it. Makes everything cleaner and manageable.
I agree, makes things a lot easier to keep it clean. Also, much easier to put on a barrier ointment.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I finally got a bidet toilet seat and wow that solves so many problems at once. Cleaning up down there even without shaving, problem solved. Incomplete evacuation or constipation, if you put the water pressure on high enough and aim it correctly it can even shoot water inside you which solves both problems instantly, no need for laxative drugs either. So much easier and quicker to clean and less chance of irritating my hemorrhoids and no need for expensive wet wipes, and way less toilet paper usage. Only wish I had got one years ago. Everyone with IBS should have a bidet/washlet and a toilet squatting stool.

This is the one I went with. https://www.brondell.com/swash-ecoseat-s102-bidet-toilet-seat/

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm sorry for you. I generally have a problem with an excessive amount of hair on my body. And in the perineum area is very thick, which was extremely unpleasant. Shaving only worsened the problem, as a terrible itching started every other day. For me, a great way to get rid of such unpleasant sensations was the laser hair removal hounslow procedure. After the first procedure, the hair became much rarer and thinner, and after 5 procedures, it stopped growing in areas where I couldn't even remove them with a razor. So I think you should think about it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts