Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been suffering from IBS since last 10 years and recently also experiencing partial impoteny.Can IBS lead to imptency?Please help.Thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
No direct relationship I know of.Some medications used for IBS can sometimes impact one's sex life so a medication review may be in order.I would go to the doctor to discuss this. Sometimes it is a sign that things are not so good in the cardiovascular system and you may need to take some action to prevent heart/stroke problems later one.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I smoked my way into bad digestion, chronic D, impotence, and cholesterol buildups. The same flavonoid supplement, designed to eliminate cholesterol oxidation and strengthen the circulatory system, addressed all of those problems. I don't think one thing led to another so much as they all traced back to a common cause. Once the disfunctions were activated, all of the changes to my foods and, of course, quitting smoking, had no effect. Mark

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well serotonin issues are linked to both conditions so I wouldnt rule it out.Its such a complex issue though. No one knows for sure. I have thought this before because when my constipation has been bad I have had the opposite. Shot my bolt early. Its funny that I often have the complete opposite symptoms of a IBS d sufferer. Its like you are my alter ego. Im sure we have the same problem its just that my body has reacted one way and yours the other.I have found that i dont have a problem when my stomach isnt so bad. I think that IBS makes you anxious. Certainly people with IBS c. I read somewhere that your body creates lots of extra hormones to help you have a bm. In normal people the hormone production isnt needed as much because their muscles are working properly. The chemical releases of our bodies gives us the mood swings and anxiety. I dont know if it is the same for IBS d but I guess it is similar. Anxiety will have an impact on bedroom performance. Also first thing in the morning is the time when my stomach is at its best. Probably just empty or something or I make some chemical in my sleep or im relaxed or whatever.See if you can get more life out of it first thing in the morning.If you have a life that is busy try and book a day holiday and get extra sleep one night. Try and go for a 10 hr snooze or more. Then have a romantic breakfast and see if anything happens.Let me know how you get on. Full respect for being able to share this problem. Even on the internet. Its not easy for men to talk about such things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts