Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody experience joint and muscle pain with their IBS. I have been told that it is fibromyalgia and that this is connected with IBS. I am D and have had all the usual medical prodedures. I have also been told that a very small dose of anti-depressant helps with pain control and wonder if anybody had tried this. My symptoms are D, low pelvic/back pain, pain in joints and muscles. I do not eat wheat or dairy products and have had to give up work as a secretary because my symptoms are so debilitating.

G

·
Maureen, I to suffer from joint pain. I am still very young and very active yet I still have quite a bit of pain. Especially in the mornings. About 5 years back I started a stretching process every morning. This has helped me a lot. Of course my body is so used to it now that when I miss a day I pay for it. This all started around the time I was diagnosed with IBS so I believe there is a connection. Just try to exercise everyday and stretch. You will still have pain but it will help.

G

·
Maureen,I have had lower back and pelvic area pain for several years. Also, I have really bad pains in my knee joints frequently.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi Maureen,I have had terrible pain in my knees, elbows, and now (in the last few months) my left hip. My stupid doctors at Kaiser tell me I have "patellar tendonitis" in my knees, (although they have never proved this and it has been goin on for 12 years.....), "you must have pulled a muscle in your elbow"....(yeah, right), and so far, I have not been in to see them about my hip, but I'm sure I know what they're going to say. I have an appt. for a physical in July, and I am going to give them hell if they don't give me some straight answers. By the way, I am "D" type, and very physically active, but am only 29, and God forbid the Dr's would tell me that I have arthritis of ANY KIND. They just don't seem to get it, but that really doesn't surprise me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts