Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have suffered with IBS over a year now. My most recent problem is getting nausious. I don't have a problem with D just C. Some days I feel fine and then there is a day I wake up and am just completely nausious. I am starting to think it is certain foods that I eat. For example - I had chili dogs and beer for dinner last night and this morning I was and still a little nausious. Chili dogs usally don't bother me but I haven't had a beer in about 6 months. I don't know if the beer was the problem. All I had was one and it tasted soooo good. I couldn't pass it up, we were playing horseshoes in the hot Texas sun. Anyways, any suggestions about beer and IBS or certain food and IBS. I guess I can speak for everyone when I say I want to eat and drink whatever I want and whenever I want.PS - note sure if nausious is spelled right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi GC,Sorry to hear of your tummy troubles. nausea has always been a big problem with my IBS too.I have figured out that it does depend on what foods I eat & how much of it. All us oldtime IBSers (or BSers!) know that diet restrictions tend to be different for everyone. When I first was hit with this bloody curse...I couldn't eat anything I was so nauseated! I lived on soup broth for 10 days.But five years later I'm happy to report that I know my limitations & pretty much have things under control.When the tummy does get topsy turby though, I take an anti-nausient such as gravol aswell as fast for a bit so things can settle.Hope it helps to know you're not alone...good luck.
sass

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to go on ad nauseum, but it's been a real problem for me, too. Been there, done that on the broth thing, Sass! In fact, I dropped 15 pounds (hey, maybe we should write a book - the IBS diet!) Garlic is a definite culprit for me, but sometimes it's just a mystery. (When you haven't eaten anything for 2 days, how can you still be nauseous?) Anyway, astragalus (an herb you can buy at most larger drug stores) seems to help. The best thing is just to keep a diary til you get a pretty good idea of your triggers and then stay away from them! And when you're feeling bad, rent "Austin Powers" (or whatever makes you laugh). That helps a lot, too! Good luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See...you're not alone. Many of us have nausea with this. My theory, and I have no medical background, is that those of us with chronic C may get nauseated because that stuff is so backed up in us and just sitting there, full of toxins, and our colons are full, and this just doesn't add up to feeling well. Even someone without IBS who has C feels rather ill at times. Maybe that's why everyone looks so happy at the end of a laxative commercial.
Anyway, I agree with the ginger...I take it in capsule form and it seems to help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am C/D and the nausea is definately worse during the C phases. I have started taking Emetrol, it works as good as ginger tea, only faster, esp. if my stomach is empty, like first thing in the morning.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have had problems with nausea for two and a half years now. My doc says it's IBS. I get D too, and pain and fever. I take gravol for the nausea and it works, if you don't mind being really sleepy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.