Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that there are two major categories of IBS listed here -- IBS-D and IBS-C. Does anyone else experience IBS-P? As in nausea and puking?I've had stomach issues my whole life, but they really kicked into gear just before my 19th birthday. (That was a looong time ago.) I'm looking at my calendar for this month alone, where I've started tracking how I feel during the month, and so far I've already had 5 days of "IBS-C," 3 days of "IBS-D," and I've spent 4 days puking. So that's 12 out of 17 days. I'm curious if that fluctuation between C and D and the addition of vomiting is common to IBS or if maybe I should be looking at additional/other issues that would cause the vomiting.If anyone else has the crazy fluctuating IBS, what have you found that has helped you find a more even keel?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Usually nausea and vomiting are attributed to an upper GI problem rather than being caused by your colon which is the effected organ in IBS. However a lot of people have both upper and lower GI problems, so you get a fair number of people with IBS and some issues up top. Going back and forth is pretty common. Although we now tend to think (because drugs came out that generally work on one or the other) that people are either all D or all C all the time, at one time alternating between the two was usually used as symptom to diagnose IBS.Usually if people can keep from getting constipated they can avoid the diarrhea that comes when the body tries to get all that stuff out, so that may be something to look at.It is worth having the vomiting and nausea investigated separately rather than just assume that is an IBS thing. There may be something else going on that needs different treatment.

·
Registered
162 Posts
ive had nausea, and in the early days i would vomit, noidea why thought and yeh i switch from C-D...i take each day as it comes...i find that nerves or worry makes it worse too...lol i cannot win sometimes and the thought of a job interview (as im jobless) turns my stomach when before i got ibs id just be nervous n feel nothing elsen be okafter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do suspect that nerves and stress play into it, especially with the nausea. My dad used to throw up before every business meeting, so "nervous stomach" runs in the family. But...just...ugh. This is getting so old.That's an interesting point about the difference in symptoms between upper GI and lower GI. I have noticed that ever since my last pregnancy, I have this weird feeling whenever I bend over that anything I've eaten or drunk comes back up into my throat. Pretty sure that's not normal. Reflux, maybe? I wonder if that's tied in with the not being able to keep things down. It was a pretty rough birth; maybe I damaged something in there that's causing the nausea in addition to the IBS symptoms. Back to the doc I go, hi ho. Grr.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i felt the same, bend dwn n feel thinks come back to see me LOL NEVER had that before! i tend to burp alot too the sikky kind really not nice!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have really bad nausea and it is definitely not fun to deal with. I've tried what seems like a million remedies but none of them have made my nausea go completely away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.