Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new by the way. *waves* I was wondering how everyone deals with stress. I find that's one of my biggest triggers and I sure have a whole lot of it in my life right now. I just went back to college this semester and I'm also working and I kind of feel like my IBS would be in a lot better condition if I could just get a handle on my stress level.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi, Yep me too. Stress is my worst trigger. Unfortunately I'm one of "those" stress head type people and am always stressed, even when I'm not stressed about anything in particular I'm a bit stressed
I have yet to find anything that helps 100% with the stress, although I have had a lot of luck with the hypno for IBS. Welcome to the boards and I hope you find something soon

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm almost 100% certain that stress is the biggest trip-off for my IBS. Along with periodic visits to the doctor (including tomorrow morning), I am now in counseling for stress. In my counseling, I'm finding that I have a lot of repressed anger. My counselor and I agree that, once I get all of these past hurts out of my system, my IBS may begin to clear up. Time will tell.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I didn't have any problems when I was very active physically, playing tennis, soccer etc. And im one of those who keeps everything inside, anger and all those emotions. And it just keeps piling up, day after day, week after week, month after month and year after year. I wonder how many IBS patients that don't deal with their emotions, and just keep it all inside. I know that they believe that when you have IBS, some substance in the brain is affected, and since thoughts are chemical as well that makes sense. If you keep all the negative inside it makes perfect sense that it affects some substance in the brain. Just like with depression, but the two are so closely connected so...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.