Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
@GJMody ,

Most of us haven't reeli found a complete cure, which is why we keep trying different things . I am not sure if any of the below suggestions will help you but I am sharing them because they are on my list of "To Try".

(1) Ayurvedic treatment for IBS (you mentioned you are already on these herbal remedies)

(2)"Ashwagandha" , a herb known to act on stress. I am not sure if Ayurvedic doctors prescribe it for IBS though , i have read that lot of people take it as a supplement for IBS .

(3) Regain your "brain-gut connection"/ Vagus nerve /vagal tone by gargling , yoga ,gagging e.t.c (https://pearceonearth.com/how-i-cured-my-irritable-bowel-syndrome/)

(4)If none of the above work out , talk to my shrink to see if he has anything else that may help (I am already on SSRI for my anxiety , that does not help my IBS .I have also tried "Elavil" , it does not cure the problem but rather masks the symptoms).

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks Kenny. I am already on Ayurvedic meds but effect has not taken yet. It's been one and a half month. My doc says just continue meds. It's frustrating. He has already given med for stress. I was doing yoga but lately erratic bcuz of bowel prob. I think my issue is anxiety. My psychiatrist has given anxiety med but I forget to take it. I have ordered coconut milk powder from Amazon. Delivery on Sunday. I will have to make milk for kefir. Have you tried Kefir?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am currently trying out those exercises for the vagus nerve that i shared along with yoga.Its been about one week. I'm not sure its making any difference so waiting it out for at-least another 2 weeks to see if they help with the IBS .

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't know if it will work..none of us know. That is why we try so manny different things hoping something will help us.
We are not doctors or advisers and we do not know you or your medical history..
I hope it does help you but I seriously doubt it will take just one day of drikning it to see the benefits. So relax and drink kefir and your other medications and give it time

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks. I had COMPLETE, FULL bowel movement this afternoon. I drank kefir at 10am. I prepared coconut milk from coconut powder. I think a wee bit too much powder, then I added kefir culture. The taste was little mild as I think more coconut milk. Is that OK?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Congratulations!
I only made it with cow milk but I guess it's pretty simillar if not the same. If you want/like milder taste you put more milk or keep the grains inside less than recommended(1-2 hours less). If you want stronger taste put a bit less milk or keep the grains inside longer but no more then half a day longer(it will become too strong).
I personally like it mild but you must try and see wich one you like better and wich one benefits you more because stronger one has more bacteria inside and milder is easier for the gut if you have sensitive bowels.
Anyway you need to find the taste and the quantity that fits you personally for best results.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts