Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
I am sorry you are struggling and you should contact a suicide help group quickly! I hate to see you hurting because i have felt that way in the past. However I dont believe it is fair to us as a group to put this pressure on us. I dont think we can give you the counsel you may need. I am hoping you find someone to help you soon, and recognize that being alive is valuable and worth it even when it hurts!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Obviously you are in pain both in body and mind..but I agree with mellosphere. We are not in a position to help you directly and you DO NEED proffesional help. There is something wrong either with your bipolar/anxiety medication that is not working for you or you are not taking it correctly as you should. We dont't want you to kill yourself but you have to want that too!! Seek help imediately and call someone-there are suicide hotlines in every country. Go to your doctor and recheck your medication.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm not on this website a lot but ran across this thread today. I'm sorry for all the pain and suffering you are having. It sucks. Feeling like you want to die also sucks. I am a Christian and I will pray for you to find some help. The people in this group are not generally equipped to help someone with suicide thoughts. Your pain is real and I wonder if you have something different than IBS going on? We are very sorry that you are suffering and want to help you and the best way is to encourage you to call a suicide hotline. Maybe this can help? http://www.suicide.org/hotlines/international/india-suicide-hotlines.html. Your life has value and you have purpose. Try to find something positive to focus on. Blessings to you.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hi. I have stopped my herbal meds since they were not working and the doctor was just telling to increase the dose. I am going to try Linzess. Does it work and relieve constipation? I have also started psychotherapy. Two sessions over. First was regarding physical well being. Second was about brain power. Four more sessions to go. Psychologist will address anxiety, stress, fears, panic. Hope it works.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
It's three days since I had bowel movement. Took three Dulcolax yesterday but till now no effect. Not feeling well. Please reply.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Had bowel movement on Friday. Have taken Dulcolax tablets yesterday ... Sunday. Not feeling well.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I think kefir is helping me but can't be sure as I am taking dulcolax too. Met my psychiatrist today. Told him about my anxiety prob. He prescribed med. For IBS-C he gave me Lesuride 75 mg. It is a motility drug but also helps GERD which I don't have. I am not suicidal but the thoughts may come. I am taking my bipolar disorder meds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I briefly considered suicide, but then felt a bit hypocritical. I like to weight lift and do cardio exercise, both for the immediate endorphin rush and for the long term benefits. I could endure pain as long as I believed it would make be stronger, faster, better.

Well, thanks to IBS+GERD, I can barely walk. Any exercise is bad because it uses my core muscles, which bother my IBS. That's when I considered suicide. My doctors were all pretty useless and I saw no way out. I lost all my friends and my sources of pride.

One of the things that get ingrained in training is that pain and suffering is necessary for progress. Somehow, I got conditioned to push myself somehow forgot the part about enduring pain. I can't say for sure if I'll ever see the other side of this, but I know that pain and suffer is part of every success story, so I will endure, even if it means fighting my instincts and sitting on my a** while my body wastes away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have IBS-D and I get very angry about this condition but never suicidal. There are much worse things. I have a friend that's dying of cancer. Can't feel too sorry for myself when I see what he's going through. Things are just bad in the world right now. I think the tide is turning with the virus so hopefully better times are ahead. I can see why it would be easy to get even more frustrated right now. As I said, this problem pisses me off more than depresses me. I find going for a long walk on a nice day helps. It may even help with your constipation. Also a phone call to a good friend.
I have IBS-D and I get very angry about this condition but never suicidal. There are much worse things. I have a friend that's dying of cancer. Can't feel too sorry for myself when I see what he's going through. Things are just bad in the world right now. I think the tide is turning with the virus so hopefully better times are ahead. I can see why it would be easy to get even more frustrated right now. As I said, this problem pisses me off more than depresses me. I find going for a long walk on a nice day helps. It may even help with your constipation. Also a phone call to a good friend.
Just because you think others have it "worse" than you, that doesn't mean your own problems become insignificant. Problems are problems.

It's not selfish to feel sorry for yourself. If it hurts you, it hurts you. Never feel guilty or ashamed about it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I too get sad and low sometimes. I often wonder if it's to do with serotonin going a bit haywire, which affects gut AND mood at the same time. Or maybe it's because I have been grieving for a while, and maybe that's even the ultimate cause of my IBS...? But I can't replace a dearly loved one or control all the feelings about missing them. All I can do is soldier on and try my best with life.
The way my gut feels first, is usually the thing that affects my mood though, not the other way around. If my gut is easy one day, my mood is better.

I am a bit scared of suicide so don't think I'd do it. But I admit to times when I'd daydream about having a killer stroke or heart attack suddenly, and could leave my body. That has to be the worst low-vibe negative thinking. But I admit to it.
Usually I just try to soldier on and instinct kicks in and I try to think of nicer more heartfelt things to cheer myself up, and go on from bad to maybe better the next day (with a few diet tweaks and NO greens that night!)
No, it's no fun. But I guess where there's life there's hope.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts