Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone tell me if IBS and stress can effect the imune system??I have sufferd with IBS for about 10 years but 2 years ago my symptoms got much worse after a course of <Cyprofloxin> and still hasn't really calmed down since, During this bad spell I have also been bombarded with X-rays includeing 2 chest x-rays a barium x-ray and a <COLANGOGRAM> bile duct CT-skan....It seems like since my symptoms have got much worse that my imune system is very poor!! I catch far more colds and flu and seem open to any virus's my children may bring home from school, Even now I have a sinus problem which has lasted for weeks and I only have to be in the company of someone who has a cold or virus for about 5 mins and long behold I catch it....I have spoken to my Doctor about this but all he keeps saying to me is take some vitamins with Vitamin C which I have now been doing for the past Month but I still seem very poor at fighting any infections....Any Help Would Be Much Appreciated!!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Stress, any kind of stress, can make you more suseptible to catching colds, etc.When you do not feel well, have pain, etc that is physically stressful, pretty much by definition. These problems can also cause mental and emotional stress as well.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Stress, any kind of stress, can make you more suseptible to catching colds, etc.When you do not feel well, have pain, etc that is physically stressful, pretty much by definition. These problems can also cause mental and emotional stress as well.K.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.