Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how it is for you folks in the UK, but here in America our economy has taken a nose dive right into the toilet bowels we cling to. I work in the medical field, sorta, I take calls from Insurance Adjusters, Patients, and Pharmacies regarding workers comp medications (No wonder I'm stressed, lol), anyway I am tied to a phone. I know another job might be better for me, but I make decent money here and I 'm afraid to try and leave b/c the job market is so limited right now. Working with a phone, and tied to a desk like a dog isn't the best for IBS, b/c I can get an urge, and have, while I am on the phone and can't do anything until the call is over and I can go into a mini break. Does anyoen else work in a call center type atmosphere and find the stress is totally crazy? Not just b/.c of the work itself but b/c the rules are so strict, and it is a contstant battle to keep my job.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My mom doesn't have IBS but she had a similiar job as you do. She answered calls when people dialed 0 or 411. She always talked about the crazy rules and stress she was under but like you she was happy to even have a job in times like this. Her company closed the call center so she lost her job. Even though she hasn't found another one, she so much happier. I don't know how I would ever work for a company like that with IBS. I don't know if I have helped you or not but all I really have to say is good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.