Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am traveling , it always seems to be a nightmare. The morning of any trip I usually have and attack of D and so I refrain from eating anything at all. While I am away, I eat very little, and of course , as always as I anticipate traveling home again , I suffer with the same symptoms. I know some of it has to do with the fear of being unable to get to the bathroom. I try to control it , but don't seem to be able to.This really makes things miserable. I have a trip scheduled next month, and I am already nervous about it ,especially since I will be traveling with a relative of mine who does not seem to understand what I go through. Does anyone else experience this ? Does anyone have any suggestions ? This is my first time on here, and it is encouraging to know I do not suffer alone.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Traveling, especially sitting in a car, is an automatic diarrhea trigger for me. I think it is a combination of the stress/excitement, change in routines, and different foods. I take Immodium the evening before a trip and then small doses throughout the trip. While this usually causes some constipation while on the trip, it avoids embarrassing accidents and time consuming potty stops.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Traveling, especially sitting in a car, is an automatic diarrhea trigger for me. I think it is a combination of the stress/excitement, change in routines, and different foods. I take Immodium the evening before a trip and then small doses throughout the trip. While this usually causes some constipation while on the trip, it avoids embarrassing accidents and time consuming potty stops.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Jeanne, IBS is THE reason why I do not travel. However, if I have to get in the car for a long period, I use Immodium (I hate the constipation, but it is the only thing that works). And yes, for me is the preocupation of where is the next bathroom.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Jeanne, IBS is THE reason why I do not travel. However, if I have to get in the car for a long period, I use Immodium (I hate the constipation, but it is the only thing that works). And yes, for me is the preocupation of where is the next bathroom.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I have never tried immodium, but I think I will give it a shot. It is certainly worth it , if it makes the trip more comfortable. Hope you are all doing well, take care

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I have never tried immodium, but I think I will give it a shot. It is certainly worth it , if it makes the trip more comfortable. Hope you are all doing well, take care

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.