Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this may sound a little odd, but does anyone know if there is any correllation between IBS symptoms and weather? I know there've been studies that found correllations with arthritis and migraines and bad weather... (and my migraine is especially resistant to medication today... and it's storming)... and also could there be any seasonal relations to it as well? hot/cold weather make it worse/better? any ideas? or even better... links to research on this?
(I just love that face.... heh)

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
kinetic, not and odd question, but a fact. The weather can effect IBS.Serotonin is an important player in IBS. The weather if its heat can also mess with water in the gut and can cause heat stress that makes it harder for the gut to function properly. Cold and give you chills and that can effect it and cold can also degranulate mast cells another possible player thats been implicated in IBS. Long spells of dark weather can change your mood and that also can effect it. There are a lot of ways weather can effect the body and its called biometerology.This is some info on this. Some people IBS is seasonal even and there are daily body clocks and seasonal body clocks that are effected by weather. http://www.gut-reaction.freeserve.co.uk/bio-meteorology.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.