Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone feel like their eating habits are so screwed up with IBS (especially C) that they have trouble knowing exactly when they are full because of all the gas and bloating and are worried they may be gaining weight/fat?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Many IBSers have screwy diets. However usually bloating seems to be related more to eating less rather than eating more (when you feel full all the time often people lose their appetite).The screwy eating habits of IBSers can increase or decrease weight (depending on how they are screwy) add to that the IBS makes some people alot more sedentary than they used to be which can also play a role.If your concerned get a small notebook write down everything you eat and check the calories consumed against what you should be eating.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
880 Posts
I know how you feel. I have learned to go by portions instead of full feeling. And because eating 6 small meals a day works for me to help control my IBS, I'm never really hungry and never really full. It's nothing something you get used to overnight, though... it takes a while to get used to knowing what portions work for you and going by that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.