Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Yesterday I recieved a jury sumons to appear as a juror. I live in the UK and have suffered from IBS and anxiety for a long time. Over the past 2 years it has got worse. It makes me feel sick just to think about having to go and sit in a jury room. I have also been suffering from agrephobia and have not travelled in 9 years due to the IBS and being sick. I am really, really concerned and what makes it worse is that it arrived over the easter holidays and there is no one available to contact or talk to. I need some advice and help urgently. I have searched this forum and have seen many posts that are a kin to what I am suffering. What are the chances of myself being excused from Jury Service with my condition andd complaint. I do live in the United Kingdom.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have often wondered what I would do in that situation.I would go to the doctor and get a medical excuse

·
Registered
779 Posts
I remember being called for jury duty a couple of years ago. I went and spent most of the time in the jury room. There was a long trial coming up and they kept on sending potential jury candidates in to be interviewed. I couldn't take the time to sit on that long a trial not because of my IBS, but because of my husband need for me to be with him. Actually, I had a nice day and no trouble with my IBS, for a change. I admit I was nervous about it, however.Things like this show how much IBS affects our everyday lives. Not fair!!!!

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Hello and welcome Mr X..I have to go to court on the 1st june and im dreading it..My partner J had a friend who has ibs and she didnt have to do jury duty cos of her ibs good luck

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
A note from your doctor should be enough. They always call more people than required for these very problems. The last thing anyone wants is to have to be continually stopping the proceedings while you file out (with a guard) and back.I served on a jury in the last year. It would have been impossible when my D was active.Happy Easter.Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts