Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6 months ago i started having cramping after every meal followed by diarrhea. This continued and i went o my Dr. He did the usual tests and said that i have IBS. We altered my diet and he said this should alleviate the problems. It worked until a month ago when the same symptoms re-appeared. Again i can not eat anything that does not almost instantly cause cramping, yellow diarrhea. It is affecting my life in a negative way. I feel like there is more wrong with me (terminal illness) but my Dr assuers me there is nothing to worry about. I find it hard to eat because i feel so sick so some days i barely eat anything. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should be eating to help alleviate the sysmtoms in hopes of life somewhat returning to normal for me? A friend suggested the B.R.A.T diet soi have been thinking about trying that. Has anyone had any success with this diet or something else?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi i havent got a lot of advice unfortunaltly as i am new to this whole thing as well but i get severe cramping followed by D 3-4 times a week and i keep a note of what i have eaten and drank that day and try to avoid in future also smaller meals helps me.Hope you manage to feel a bit better soon claire

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello, Different people have different trigger foods-what works for me may not work for you. But, in general, lactose/dairy products, fried food, and heavy fatty foods make me feel awful after I eat them, so I avoid them. Pay close attention to what makes you feel sick, but don't feel like you have to stick to really basic bland food (Bread, rice, toast etc). I only eat those if I am having a really awful day.Good luck!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Have you taken Immodium? I find it stops the cycle and allows me to recover. Also try the calcium, it helps a lot of us. I've given up trying to find "trigger foods" there's nothing in particular with me, it's more anxiety related, even if I only eat bread and water but I'm stressed, then I'm going to have D no matter what. Good luck.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm wondering if mine is only anxiety related also. In theory, if it is, I should be able to stop it by breathing, relaxing, etc. but it doesn't seem to stop. I also notice some days when I'm relaxed, content, at home, etc. I still have it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.