Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
I started using it, stopped, and am probably going to start again tonight.My advice is not to take the advice of cookies4marilyn or eric about the hypnotherapy because they're employed by Michael Mahoney. I don't doubt their integrity but it's common sense. Apologies if that offends either of you, but I'd never take the advice of people who have a vested interest. Like I say, it's got nothing to do with you as people.There's enough other evidence on the forum to suggest that it's worth gambling £60 on, in my opinion.

· Registered
175 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey Roberts:As long standing contributors and members of the BB I take great exception to your remarks about Cookies4marilyn and Eric. I have no doubt whatsoever that their contributions to this BB are honest and above board regardless of any personal business considerations. Many physicians involved in research for IBS have acted as consultants for several pharmaceuticals. Should we consider their research or papers suspect because of their personal connections? I suspect not. I ask that you give these individuals the same consideration.Jeff
I don't really understand the problem? I've said that I have no reason to doubt the integrity of either person BUT that I wouldn't accept their recommendations because there's a conflict of interest there. It's nothing personal at all whatsoever and I've already apologised in advance in case they are offended. I'm not saying their views on IBS are worthless, I've read both their stories and I've read a lot of stuff about clinical studies and such that eric has posted and I appreciate all of this, but on this specific subject I try not to read too much into their posts for what I see as a valid, common sense reason.I did buy the CDs and I would recommend them to anyone who's really having problems with their IBS and can't tie it to any type of food. But I made that decision based on reading the views of people not on Michael Mahoney's payroll and I would advise anyone else to do the same.

· Registered
175 Posts
quote:Originally posted by eric:pS Masterplan, I would give you just as much help trying to understand the role of serotonin in IBS, or Pet and Fmri scans in IBS, Or the role of the immune system in IBS or foods as triggers in IBS or stress as a contributer as well as a trigger in IBS or how the weather can trigger symptoms, or moleclur defects seen in IBS, or any other information I could personally help you with in regards to IBS and my own understanding of the disorder, including other treatments.
I've said in my posts that I've read a load of the stuff you've posted on these things and that I appreciate your posts on them. I wouldn't hesitate to take your advice on anything IBS-related except Mike's CDs. It's not about calling you a liar or anything like that, it's about protecting yourself from all the rubbish that's out there about IBS and it's treatments. I don't take medical advice from ANYONE who appears to have a financial interest in you taking their advice. This is not about you as an individual.

· Registered
175 Posts
What I'm trying to say is that I do not distrust either of you as individuals, but I retain a scepticism about anyone's views on subjects that they appear to hold a financial interest in. I don't think I can put it any clearer than that. I'm not sitting here and accusing you of being dishonest people. I made the decision that I would try to ignore any posts about Mike's CDs by anyone employed by Mike. I do not see anything wrong with taking that attitude. You're both taking this personally and there's no need to.

· Registered
175 Posts
I find it absolutely bizarre that people can't see my perspective, really strange. The fact that Mike has a statement prepared proves that he himself knows exactly where I'm coming from. People with IBS are desperate people and people DO try to take advantage.
quote:Irritable Bowel Syndrome?www.digestrin.com/IBS How You Get Rid of IBS Fast Simple & Fast Acting - Free ReportHow to Cure IBSIBS.IsCurable.com Stop IBS Once and For All New Formula 100% Guaranteed to Work
Those are the first results for "IBS" on Google. Sites like that make me believe that people need to take precautions when it comes to these things. It's common sense. I think that there is enough apparently impartial information on this forum to show that the CDs are worth trying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.