Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
33,934 Posts
For those who don't know, and if I remember correctly, both Cookiesformarilyn and eric were IBS sufferers and members here BEFORE they did Mike's tapes.That makes a difference in my mind from someone who never had IBS who may or may not even use the product themselves that comes here to sell us something.I also believe that eric no longer works with Mike.Just my two cents.K.

· Registered
33,934 Posts
I guess if you went to my doctor you wouldn't take any of his advice because he does research for IBS so gets grants to study things he thinks works well both from the government and from drug companies.FWIW he is one of the most caring doctors I see and I would never think less of his opinion because he does research on IBS and that might be seen by some as too much of a vested interest in making someone else money or keeping his grants or his position on comittees, etc. Actually I'd have to ignore everything all my doctor's say because I am lucky enough to have a research/teaching hospital as my primary source for medical care and mostly see people who are professors so they all do research so they must all be only in it for all the wrong reasons. Once in awhile I get a resident, but I've been lucky to get people who are permenantly on staff as professors.The problem is as much as you say that you are trying to say they are above board and truthful the way you say it makes it seem sound like you do see them exactly the same as some jerk trying to make double diamond for their MLM and feel you need to warn everyone away from them just like you would some huckster. The disclaimer doesn't really take the sting out of the implications at least for me. K.

· Registered
33,934 Posts
I do not think anyone is saying that relaxation techniques of any sort are bad. Different techniques work for different people, and most everyone could stand to find something that helps relieve stress and anxiety, no matter what health issues they have. Even if they are currently well, most people could still benefit from finding what relaxes them and relieves stress.Unfortunately no one treatment works for everyone. Hypnosis has a good track record in clinical trials with a pretty high percentage of people getting better. I wish it could be 100% but that isn't going to happen with any treatment for any disease. Hypnosis does help the majority of the people in controlled studies, but even then there are people it just doesn't work for. Nothing is 100% effective. That is why we need more than one type of treatment for every disease. Different things work for different people because there are real differences in physiology, etc between individuals.Just because something works for you, that doesn't mean it will work for everyone. The other side of the coin is also true. Just because something did not work for you does not mean it can't work at all for anyone else.I'm sorry it didn't work for agony. I hope they find what does work for them.K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.